Sign in with
Your question

D-Link with Cable

Last response: in Networking
July 16, 2003 11:30:17 PM

I have a D-Link SMC7004VBR hooked up to my cable modem, sharing 2 computers. I have dynamic IP. That's about it. Now why is it running so freaking slow? Are routers not the best solution for cable connections, because if I dirrectly hook up the computer, it's atleast 5 times as fast? This dosn't make sense to me, why should it run 5 times as slow, even when only one computer is being used. I'd also like to say I hooked up the router while I was away at school to a DSL connection and it ran just fine, fast and everything.

I also need to know how to set up a DMZ on one of the computers.

Thanks all.

More about : link cable

July 17, 2003 12:38:10 AM

yeah both are fast if conected to the modem ONLY. But I am using a router to split the conection (from the cable modem) to two computers. It runs like a dial up connection when going through the router even if one of the computers is turned off.
July 17, 2003 12:46:02 AM

I'd check readme's and datasheet for known conflicts between your modem and router, assuming it works on other kit. Does the modem work with another router?

Perhaps a firmware issue?

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=32..." target="_new">System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:
!