Can I have a mac hd and windows hd

Hello,
I have a 1tb hd in my rig right now that is running windows 7. I was wondering If I put in my second osx 2.5 hd or even copied it to and old 500gb hd. Could I boot from osx on my pc.

Specs
Intel i5 2500k
corsair 750 watt
Seagate 1 tb 7200rpm
gigabyte z68 mobo
Cooler master hyper 212 plus
Cooler master storm trooper
6 answers Last reply
More about windows
  1. I don't think you can without a lot of finagling, and I also believe it is against the OSX service agreement.
  2. Yes you can it will be allot of work but possible. Start by going to hackintosh.com ..

Thent
  3. I didn't wanna mention what it is mainly cause I'm pretty sure it is against the apple service agreement, and most simply torrent copies of OSX to do it.
  4. To amplify. No, you can't just take a disk with OS X installed on it and expect it to boot in a PC. It's a lot more complicated than that.
  5. Simply making the phisical swap wont work. But you can create a hackintosh, wich is a ilegal copy of OSX in a non-apple computer. Once that is created, it may very well be possible to bootcamp into windows, making your system dual-boot

either way, if you buy a Macintosh, you can certainlly dual boot with windows.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Cooler Master HD Macintosh Mac OS X