Need a new joystick designed for longevity!

Cody_7

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Hi everyone,

I've owned 3 joysticks, all Logitech and all I have to say I will never buy one of their joysticks again. The last two of them I owned (The Wingman 2 and the Extreme 3D Pro) broke within only a couple months. They didn't become loose, crack, or anything like that -- I would plug them in and the stick would not turn the the right. So I could fly a plane that banks to the left essentially :roll:

What I need is a joystick around the $40 dollar price range that has a throttle and a rudder control (Twist joystick). But, what's most important is that it will last more that 6 months! I NEVER abuse my joystick in ANY way. The last one I had (The Extreme 3D pro) I used for flying jets in BF2 (I wasn't using it all the time). I treated that joystick with such care and compassion as someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorded (OCD)! And yet, it still stopped working like every other piece of CRAP joystick.

I was thinking the Cyborg Evo jostick might be good, and it's in my price range. I would go for the Saitek X52 if I had $100 to spend. I wish I could buy the stick for half the price without the throttle :)

I need your suggestions on a good $40 joystick that will last for at least a year. I feel that I shouldn't have to spend $100 on a flight system to get a yostick that lasts, ya know?

-Thanks!

Cody_7

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Hmmm... Well, I haven't had much experience with refurbished products, but my refurbished Sony HS94P 19" LCD that i'm using now is the first LCD i've owned with a dead pixel (My original died in 8 months, they sent me the refurbished one).

So, especially since my joysticks have been breaking early, refurbished doesn't seem like the best idea, although I consider it.

I was just wondering if a product like the Cyborg would be a decent stick for the price.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I'm actually a lot like you, mainly use my own X52 for BF2. Using a separate throttle / joystick gives such a realistic experience, I'll never go back to just a joystick again.

Cody_7

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Cool! And you know how BF2 is... sometimes you get the jet, sometimes you dont - so it's not like I was using the joystick all the time. That's what makes me even more pissed that the Extreme 3D Pro broke on me because it seemed like an OK joystick, and i didn't abuse it. Iv'e actually heard of alot of people who own this stick having the same issues where it looses it's calibration and it won't move the the right.

It makes me even that much MORE upset -- on Amazon.com every joystick I look at it says at the bottom something like "96% of users ended up buying Logitech Extreme 3D pro". Little do they know what will happen :twisted:

At this point i'm thinking the Cyborg Evo Wireless is what i'm going to get. The wireless is a big plus, the stick is adjustable, and plenty of buttons.

Of course, I wouldn't be getting a seperate throttle and blue LEDs, but the X52 will probably be a future investment :D