Moving OUs within same domain - GPOs affected

I have a top level OU called "All Users". Within this there are about 20 sub
OUs. I want to move all the sub OUs to within a new top level OU - call it
"New OU" but a lot of the sub OUs being moved have group policies linked to
them.

Can I safely move the sub OUs one at a time without the GPOs being affected
? The GPOs are just used to restrict user destops and deploy logon scripts.
Are there any issues to watch out for ?

Thanks for any help.

"IainM" <IainM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a top level OU called "All Users". Within this there are about 20
sub
> OUs. I want to move all the sub OUs to within a new top level OU - call it
> "New OU" but a lot of the sub OUs being moved have group policies linked
> them.
>
> Can I safely move the sub OUs one at a time without the GPOs being
affected
> ? The GPOs are just used to restrict user destops and deploy logon
scripts.
> Are there any issues to watch out for ?

Sure.

If the linkage is to a specific OU then it will
continue (linked).

Moving will only affect 'application' of GPO
if you remove an OU from below where the GPO
is linked, or for those other GPOs below one which
is move and which has the linkage.

Of course, changing the parent-child relationship
changes the inheritance, but it does not affect actual
linkage.

Thanks for the reply, especially since it was what I was wanting to hear :)

Iain