Deleted user accounts still count

I have deleted over 50 user accounts in our 2003 AD
the user count did not go down. So I waited a week for the cleanup to run
and 8 days on the total users are still the same ..

rog
UK
1 answer Last reply
More about deleted user accounts count

    In news:FC928F5C-DE19-48E7-A7BB-68A46B93E0AF@microsoft.com,
    RogerRoger <RogerRoger@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
    Then Kevin replied below:
    > I have deleted over 50 user accounts in our 2003 AD
    > the user count did not go down. So I waited a week for
    > the cleanup to run and 8 days on the total users are
    > still the same ..

    Dleting the users from ADU&C still leaves the account SID in Active
    Directory. This also leaves all the expicite permissions the account had in
    place, that is why if you look at the permissions on any resources the user
    had permissions on you will see permisions identified by only an SID.
    I find it is usually cleaner to enable/disable/rename accounts rather than
    creating and deleting accounts. Even if you don't re-use accounts, you may
    find your self with a bunch of unknown permissions.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Microsoft User Accounts Active Directory Windows