Deleted user accounts still count

I have deleted over 50 user accounts in our 2003 AD
the user count did not go down. So I waited a week for the cleanup to run
and 8 days on the total users are still the same ..

rog
UK

In news:FC928F5C-DE19-48E7-A7BB-68A46B93E0AF@microsoft.com,
RogerRoger <RogerRoger@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> I have deleted over 50 user accounts in our 2003 AD
> the user count did not go down. So I waited a week for
> the cleanup to run and 8 days on the total users are
> still the same ..

Dleting the users from ADU&C still leaves the account SID in Active
Directory. This also leaves all the expicite permissions the account had in
place, that is why if you look at the permissions on any resources the user
had permissions on you will see permisions identified by only an SID.
I find it is usually cleaner to enable/disable/rename accounts rather than
creating and deleting accounts. Even if you don't re-use accounts, you may
find your self with a bunch of unknown permissions.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]