2 DC's will not Replicate with each other

I have 2 DC's that will not replicate with each other. When i try to
manually replicate it responds with an Access is denied error. The results
of a dcdiag show an error code of (5) access is denied. Any help would be
appreciated.

"NeedServerHelp" <NeedServerHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 DC's that will not replicate with each other. When i try to
> manually replicate it responds with an Access is denied error. The
results
> of a dcdiag show an error code of (5) access is denied. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Probably due to failure to authenticate which is
probably due to DNS problems.

[If not DNS then likely it is some IP, hardware, or
firewall problem on the network but this is less
common.]

Did you experience the (same) error when running
DCDiag from the same DC or only over the network?

(Run it from each DC directly to eliminate authentication
issue with THAT DC.)

DNS for AD
1) Dynamic for the zone supporting AD
2) All internal DNS clients NIC\IP properties must specify SOLELY
that internal, dynamic DNS server (set.)
3) DCs and even DNS servers are DNS clients too -- see #2
4) If you have more than one Domain, every DNS server must
be able to resolve ALL domains (either directly or indirectly)

netdiag /fix

....or maybe:

dcdiag /fix

(Win2003 can do this from Support tools):
nltest /dsregdns /server:DC-ServerNameGoesHere
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q260371/

Ensure that DNS zones/domains are fully replicated to all DNS
servers for that (internal) zone/domain.

Also useful may be running DCDiag on each DC, sending the
output to a text file, and searching for FAIL, ERROR, WARN.

Single Label domain zone names are a problem Google:
[ "SINGLE LABEL" domain names DNS 2000 | 2003 microsoft: ]