ability to defrag and format

hi i want my w2k domain users to defragment their partitions and be
able to format their USB Flash Memory Mass Storages. how can i do this?

thanks for help and sincerely
masoud sepehri

quick formatting a flash drive is most time effective than deleting
files. and when they want to defragment it says u should have
administrative privilleges to do this.

<netmin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi i want my w2k domain users to defragment their partitions and be
> able to format their USB Flash Memory Mass Storages. how can i do this?

What happens when they try to do that now?

Do they have trouble running the Disk Defragmenter
in Accesories?

BTW, it is seldom necessary to format a flash drive
as most arrive pre-formatted and any files can just be
deleted.

JC

Check out this article, you can schedule disk defragmentation , by running
as adminstrator , there is also a section which lets you schedule/run defrag
as a regular user.

http://www.compu-docs.com/W2KDfrag.htm

Thx
JC