Turion X2 out!

Nah not really... 9 INCH EXPLAIN THIS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
27 answers Last reply
More about turion
  1. I was expecting a thread from 9 inch or BM. :lol:
  2. :lol: ...too funny!
  3. Quote:
    Nah not really... 9 INCH EXPLAIN THIS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

uh...what?
  4. Quote:
    I was expecting a thread from 9 inch or BM. :lol:

nah, 9 inch will probably put it like this

=>TURION X2 IS OUT!!!!
  5. AM would put it like this...

Get a new keyboard! :wink:
  6. Quote:
    AM would put it like this...

And Y_CON would be in here a moment later saying "Memrom Rule3ds, Turion suXXX ."
  7. They are out aren't they? I have read of some low end laptops with them... am I wrong?

LOL Yo Kid..... I am surprised we haven't seen him yet....

And to post originator.... I am assuming you are just beating 9-Inch to the punch.... kind of like a stick in the eye, or taking the air out of his ballon.
  8. Quote:
    They are out aren't they? I have read of some low end laptops with them... am I wrong?

And to post originator.... I am assuming you are just beating 9-Inch to the punch.... kind of like a stick in the eye, or taking the air out of his ballon.

HP has a 2GB RAM TL-60 with a 120GB HD. I almost bought it yesterday or the day before.
  9. Quote:

Do you notice how you demand respect for your Core 2 posts but demand disrespect for AM2?

Maybe you should talk to someone about it. Look at the Core 2 is shipping post if you have doubts of your immaturity and ignorance.
  10. Moi? I am just your regular performance freak... but you seem to be the authority when it comes to ignorance and immaturity. :roll:

You so funny, Baroness Baby! :wink: :tongue:
    Now why don't you just sit there and look pretty while us players get busy...
  11. Quote:
    Moi? I am just your regular performance freak... but you seem to be the authority when it comes to ignorance and immaturity. :roll:

You so funny, Baroness Baby! :wink: :tongue:
    Now why don't you just sit there and look pretty while us players get busy...

us players? you're lucky. You could get stomped out saying something like that to me. What I will do is wait for what I say to happen and then contemplate something else.
  12. Quote:
    They are out aren't they? I have read of some low end laptops with them... am I wrong?

HP has a 2GB RAM TL-60 with a 120GB HD. I almost bought it yesterday or the day before.

Were you gonna buy this one? The review says that it totally sucks; it performs bad and has crap battery life. From what I've seen, Pentium M beats Turion (Poorion :D ) 64. Core Duo wipes Turion 64 X2 off the face of the earth.

Quote:
    Moi? I am just your regular performance freak

Who's going crazy over the release of a new CPU when you already have what's essentially an FX60.
  13. Quote:

Do you notice how you demand respect for your Core 2 posts but demand disrespect for AM2?

Maybe you should talk to someone about it. Look at the Core 2 is shipping post if you have doubts of your immaturity and ignorance.

I thought you said you didn't care for either company? :roll:

Fair is FAIR
  14. Quote:

Were you gonna buy this one? The review says that it totally sucks; it performs bad and has crap battery life. From what I've seen, Pentium M beats Turion (Poorion :D ) 64. Core Duo wipes Turion 64 X2 off the face of the earth.

Quote:
    Moi? I am just your regular performance freak

Who's going crazy over the release of a new CPU when you already have what's essentially an FX60.

He was wise to save the money:
    http://www.laptoplogic.com/reviews/detail.php?id=128&part=full&page=1

Centrino is a better deal in mobile... look at the battery life.

So now two reviews----

Cnet and I quote (from the link provided above):

Quote:
    The good: Strong set of specs for the price; can be configured with AMD or Intel processor; bright 14.1-inch display; includes most of the ports and connections home users need.

The bad: Mediocre performance and battery life; keys are noisy; lacks Windows XP Media Center Edition option.

The bottom line: The HP Pavilion dv2000 delivers an eye-catching case and a strong set of features, but the AMD-based system we tested was lacking in performance and battery life.

Good thing it can come with an Intel processor --- that's a good point because we should live with mediocre performance because that's a bad point.

And from Laptop Logic on a TL-50 level laptop:
    Cons:

Laptop runs hot
    Quote:
    Weak CPU with only 2x256KB L2 cache
    All-black design not currently available in retail channel

Sorry BM, just pushing your buttons :) The truth is, anyone conscious value and mobility will do better with Centrino/Core Duo. AMD will not compete well in mobile until Bulldozer is finished. Give them an A for effort though :) ....

Intel just dumped a million CRAPPY Celerons on the laptop market.

STFU.
  15. BTW, they tried to make a cheap one and failed. I don't want a CHEAP PC.
    I'll be interested to see the HP model with dual channel RAM and better parts.

Like I said I almost bought it with the untost confidence in its abilities. HP, that is.
  16. Now I'm aware that the performance of Turion64 X2 is poor, and that has been the case since the first reviews. The likely explanation is the DDR2 667 with 5-5-5 timings cripples performance and sadly that isn't likely to change due to thermals, and Intel not pushing for DDR2 800 in mobile since Santa Rosa will continue to use DDR2 667.

However, I don't agree with that LabtopLogic review. While their conclusion may be right in the end, their testing method was poor in the end. The reason why the Turion looks so bad in battery life is because it was up against a Core Duo LV model, which exaggerates the numbers. I believe they were also comparing a relatively low-cost Turion64 X2 notebook against a more premium Core Duo notebook. Now they have been looking for the Turion64 X2 with the lowest TDP, they should have went with the 1.6GHz model with 512k L2 per core in order to balance out performance better, especially with the latency issues of DDR2. The difference in power consumption wouldn't have been that much.

Again, while the conclusions are correct in the end, their comparison wasn't fair, which is why I don't like their review.
  17. Quote:
    BTW, they tried to make a cheap one and failed. I don't want a CHEAP PC.
    I'll be interested to see the HP model with dual channel RAM and better parts.

Like I said I almost bought it with the utmost confidence in its abilities. HP, that is.

Please, someone of your analytical abilities would not have even come close to buying something which you had not researched and through careful analysis determined long before which product to get... :wink: I like your humor tho! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  18. Quote:
    Fair is FAIR

And BS is BS. And you're full of it.
  19. Quote:

Which model?

I cant see a single HP laptop with Turion x2 except compaq nc6325 which seems to be sold by quite a few online retailers. Though HP carries Turion laptops across the board. AMD's vendor support sucks seriously.
  20. Quote:

However, I don't agree with that LabtopLogic review. While their conclusion may be right in the end, their testing method was poor in the end. The reason why the Turion looks so bad in battery life is because it was up against a Core Duo LV model, which exaggerates the numbers.

The only thing is that the Turion X2 has a lower voltage than the Core Duo LV. The CD L2400 has a voltage of 1.212v, while the Turion TL-50 is about 1.1v.
  21. Quote:

Which model?

I cant see a single HP laptop with Turion x2 except compaq nc6325 which seems to be sold by quite a few online retailers. Though HP carries Turion laptops across the board. AMD's vendor support sucks seriously.

First in looking for teh site with the link I found this.

I can't find the link, but I will and post it.
  22. Quote:

us players? you're lucky. You could get stomped out saying something like that to me. What I will do is wait for what I say to happen and then contemplate something else.

Barren_Brainwaves, learn how to put together a cogent thought. What the heck are you even talking about here?
  23. Quote:
    Now I'm aware that the performance of Turion64 X2 is poor, and that has been the case since the first reviews. The likely explanation is the DDR2 667 with 5-5-5 timings cripples performance and sadly that isn't likely to change due to thermals, and Intel not pushing for DDR2 800 in mobile since Santa Rosa will continue to use DDR2 667.

However, I don't agree with that LabtopLogic review. While their conclusion may be right in the end, their testing method was poor in the end. The reason why the Turion looks so bad in battery life is because it was up against a Core Duo LV model, which exaggerates the numbers. I believe they were also comparing a relatively low-cost Turion64 X2 notebook against a more premium Core Duo notebook. Now they have been looking for the Turion64 X2 with the lowest TDP, they should have went with the 1.6GHz model with 512k L2 per core in order to balance out performance better, especially with the latency issues of DDR2. The difference in power consumption wouldn't have been that much.

Again, while the conclusions are correct in the end, their comparison wasn't fair, which is why I don't like their review.

I did not see that they were using an LV version of the Intel CPU, but that would seem like a fair comparison since they used the lowest power version of the AMD cpu, you would want to put it against a low power Intel version. And if the Intel version uses less power AND performs faster, its impressive.
  24. Sorry but face it, Core Duo is better than Turion X2. It looks tp me like AMD tried to copy Centrino and failed. The stupid thing is that if Core duo was made by AMD then it would be the best thing since sliced bread.
  25. God we have to keep this thread alive, this ownage is intense, good thing we don't have pwnage quotas . . . seems to be a 2 n00b post tariff for each piece of ownage though.
  26. Quote:

meanwhile WHERE THE HELL IS IT - really.

if they release it now atleast it will compete with something easy, if they wait for merom, there fcuked like seriously - AMD's 120w (FX60 etc) chips cant take intels meroms, whats a cut down one goin to do then?
  27. Quote:
    Sorry but face it, Core Duo is better than Turion X2. It looks tp me like AMD tried to copy Centrino and failed. The stupid thing is that if Core duo was made by AMD then it would be the best thing since sliced bread.

sad thing about this all is Intels' conroe had out done everyone in every way - this baby scales better then P4 with higher efficency (already have benchmarks for a 5ghz conroe! i mean P4 dual core's top off about there with lower IPC/ performance per mhz), and the EE is faster then the lowest model dual core pentium (clock speed), and as for AMD - clock for clock better, colder, cheaper, faster.

Im going to die of laughter when a "celeron" version of conroe aces AMD's, and when Merom comes out and OEM's make Laptops that kill anything AMD has, oh man what a day that will be, then Ill laugh even harder to see something faster then Conroe crush everything all over again, i wanna see intel stumped too! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Afterall - were the consumers, we should be happy conroe is here to beat everything - Intels MOVING FOWARD AGAIN, and its gotten AMD off its ass and sooner or later we will see a chip beat conroe - now just picture that, I WANT ONE.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Turion