2000 AD to 2000 AD migration question

miker

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2004

I have a 2000 domain in which I need to move 80% of the users to another 2000
domain. Currently there is no trust between the domains, although we may be
able to establish one temporarily. There are several hundred users in the
source domain as well as hundreds of security groups. The groups are applied
to permissions on member servers that will be migrated to the new domain.

The original domain will need to be left intact as it will support the
remaining users. Any trust put in place will need to be removed.

It looks like the ADMT tool may help. Some of the users accounts have
already been created in the new domain, so I was not sure how ADMT would
handle this.

Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Yes - ADMT is a great tool. You will need the trusts and they will have to
be "down-level" and resolvable via NetBIOS.

The accounts you migrate will be "new" accounts in the new domain. You will
have to do a little planning to determine what you want to do about the old
accounts the already migrated users left behind.

Dave