Export from AD

Hi all

Im having a problem that i hope you guys might be able to help me with,
and also if you have some input that can help me further on.

I have an Web application that runs a large document handling system.
This program is using an SQL server to authenticate the users,
and also has management of rights inside the application.
What i want to do is to use Active Directory to give access to this
application
using a group and a script that checks access to this group.
but let the SQL server controlling the rights management inside the
application.
(Trie to get single sign on)

But my problem is that we have a lot of users that uses common computers
with common users.
This causes problems when they log in to the application, since they have
not been logged on with their own username to the domain.
So my tought is to redirect the page to another login site so they can write
in their username and password, without having to log out the common user and
log in with their own username.
But then i need to have the exact same user base on the SQL Server as i have
in Active Directory.
I have found out that i can export almost every property except for the
password.

Is there a way to export password from AD, so the userbase in SQL is also
updated??

Thanks
Kenneth

Kamus,

If this is IIS 6.0 you can use the forms based authentication method and use
the AD directly for authentication to your application or write your own
authentication method that the form will check against to query either the
AD or the SQL instance.

If you are looking for something more end-to-end, map your AD accounts to
users in the database, or better, security groups to database users to
roles, and authenticate against the AD only... single sign on to the app.
--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA