Sign in with
Your question

Please help !!! motherboard issue (Asus P4t533-C)

Last response: in Motherboards
July 12, 2006 5:08:26 AM

Hi all:

I have a P4 2.53 Ghz desktop computer. Couple weeks ago, I took off my scsi hard drive from the desktop and gave it to my friend and then I just leave my desktop power off for a month. Yesterday when I try to install a new hard drive for the desktop, I found out the desktop didn't work anymore. I turn the power on and I can pnly see the green light is on (the green light on the motherboard) but nothing happens. The cpu is not working, the fan of the power supply is not working, everything is silence. I even change a new working power supply but still the same. Only the motherboard's light is on. I only connect the dvd rom and floppy drive but haven't connected the hard drive, the keyboard and the mouse to the motherboard yet. My question is: Is it the sign of the motherboard/the cpu died? Please advice! Thx.

Kelvin
July 13, 2006 5:49:45 PM

Hi All:

I already fixed the problem by myself. Thanks!
July 23, 2006 10:25:56 PM

Hi,

I have an ASUS motherboard with basically the same problem that you described (nothing else works except little green light). You mentioned that you fixed the problem on your system. I'm desparately trying to figure out what could be wrong with my system. Any thoughts?

Kris
!