Conroe, DX10, Vista and DRM?

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Anyone read anything concerning possible implementation of DRM within Conroe? Ive seen bits and rumours in relation to DX10 (I have no specifics on that) and DictatorSofts Vista, and I know part of the implementation (at least in the future) is going to be hardware specific, so I cant help but wondering if gen 1 Conroes will have something in there.

Im not trying to start a conspiracy flame war, I am genuinely interested.

Thanx in advance
Turpit

PS. AMD fanbourgeois need not respond with antiIntel BS,

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Anyone read anything concerning possible implementation of DRM within Conroe? Ive seen bits and rumours in relation to DX10 (I have no specifics on that) and DictatorSofts Vista, and I know part of the implementation (at least in the future) is going to be hardware specific, so I cant help but wondering if gen 1 Conroes will have something in there.

Im not trying to start a conspiracy flame war, I am genuinely interested.

Thanx in advance
Turpit

PS. AMD fanbourgeois need not respond with antiIntel BS,

I believe Intel skipped over the LaGrange (spelling) technology this go round. But I do not recall a specific occasion where I read that, I just vaguely remember thinking to myself --- well there goes the hollywood studio support for VIIV.

Well, basically thats what Im hoping for. One more good DRM-free longterm hardware upgrade before Billy-boy tightens his grip to a stranglehold