adding a global group to a local group via command line

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 31, 2005 3:37:07 PM

I have an AD global group that I would like to add to the local
administrators group on many workstations. Is there a way to do this via a
script remotely? Thanks
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:52:14 AM

The easiest way to do this is either via Restricted Groups (GPO) or a simple
startup script that uses the net localgroup command. However, you could
also write something in VBScript that would go off and do this on a per
machine basis if you so wanted to...

The command for the batch file that would be the startup script would be:

net localgroup administrators DOMAIN\UserName /add

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/