Disabling and moving dead computers accounts

Does any one have script/batch file for disabling and moving dead computers
accounts in to designated OU folder using DSquery, DSmod, DSmove..
Thanks,
John

John Strow wrote:
> Does any one have script/batch file for disabling and moving dead computers
> accounts in to designated OU folder using DSquery, DSmod, DSmove..
> Thanks,
> John

Try to use OldCmd tool from Joe to generate report of such accounts and
then combine this with some script or other tool to move accounts to
proper OU.

http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/oldcmp.htm

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

Thanks for reply but my security officer require MS tool to be used so I'm
stuck with it

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:23:36 -0800, "John Strow" <jstrow@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for reply but my security officer require MS tool to be used so I'm
>stuck with it
>

>"Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]" <T.Onyszko_nospam_@w2k.pl> wrote in message
>> John Strow wrote:
>> > Does any one have script/batch file for disabling and moving dead
>computers
>> > accounts in to designated OU folder using DSquery, DSmod, DSmove..
>> > Thanks,
>> > John
>> >

>> Try to use OldCmd tool from Joe to generate report of such accounts and
>> then combine this with some script or other tool to move accounts to
>> proper OU.
>>
>> http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/oldcmp.htm
>>
>> --
>> Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
>> T.Onyszko@w2k.pl
>> http://www.w2k.pl

You can modify the script at tip 8260 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

oldcmp will move accounts into alternate OUs as well.

www.joeware.net

Tomasz Onyszko [MVP] wrote:
> John Strow wrote:
>
>> Does any one have script/batch file for disabling and moving dead
>> computers
>> accounts in to designated OU folder using DSquery, DSmod, DSmove..
>> Thanks,
>> John
>>

> Try to use OldCmd tool from Joe to generate report of such accounts and
> then combine this with some script or other tool to move accounts to
> proper OU.
>
> http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/oldcmp.htm

There isn't an MS tool that is really very safe. You can use dsquery and dsmod
together but be very careful, I wrote oldcmp because people were shooting
themselves with those tools because there is no reporting nor protection around
what you do.

joe

www.joeware.net

John Strow wrote:
> Thanks for reply but my security officer require MS tool to be used so I'm
> stuck with it
>

> "Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]" <T.Onyszko_nospam_@w2k.pl> wrote in message
>
>>John Strow wrote:
>>
>>>Does any one have script/batch file for disabling and moving dead
>
> computers
>
>>>accounts in to designated OU folder using DSquery, DSmod, DSmove..
>>>Thanks,
>>>John
>>>

>>Try to use OldCmd tool from Joe to generate report of such accounts and
>>then combine this with some script or other tool to move accounts to
>>proper OU.
>>
>>http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/oldcmp.htm
>>
>>--
>>Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]