Domain account always locking out

Hello all:

I have a domain admin account "itadmin" in which I just changed yesterday
the password to a new password. Since then, the account locks itself out
immediatley after always unchecking the Account disabled box. This has been
doing it all morning.
I check his account in AD and it is locked. I uncheck the Account is Locked
out box and hit Apply then OK.
One minute later I go in and the account is locked again. It is only this
account since I changed the password. What is going on?

Jimmy K

Jimmy K wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I have a domain admin account "itadmin" in which I just changed yesterday
> the password to a new password. Since then, the account locks itself out
> immediatley after always unchecking the Account disabled box. This has been
> doing it all morning.
> I check his account in AD and it is locked. I uncheck the Account is Locked
> out box and hit Apply then OK.
> One minute later I go in and the account is locked again. It is only this
> account since I changed the password. What is going on?

Probably some service or application is still using ol password for this
account.

use these tools to troubleshoot this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7AF2E69C-91F3-4E63-8629-B999ADDE0B9E&displaylang=en

--