Remote Printer Install help

I am trying to figure out how to push printer installs via login scripts. I
am just not getting it to work. Here is where I am at:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ii /c\\server /n\\server\SHARP275_3S /m
"SHARP AR-275 PS" /h "Intel" /v "Windows XP" /f
"\\server\PrinterDrivers\Sharp 275 Drivers\Windows
2000\AR-PK1_Win2k_PS\a11p2enu.inf"

It tells me the printer name is incorrect. I am using the printers share
name which should work, but doesn't.

Can anyone debug that line and give me some pointers? The inf file path is
good and is the only driver for windows 2000 and xp. The true server name
has been named a generic "server".

Thanks

Hi Steve,

Rather than doing this, take a look at the con2prt utility that can be
gotten from the MS site. This will let you mount printers in a script. If
you are sharing this from a server, the drivers will be automagically
installed.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Steve Gould" <steve.gould(at)apawood.org> wrote in message
>I am trying to figure out how to push printer installs via login scripts. I
>am just not getting it to work. Here is where I am at:
>
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ii /c\\server /n\\server\SHARP275_3S /m
> "SHARP AR-275 PS" /h "Intel" /v "Windows XP" /f
> "\\server\PrinterDrivers\Sharp 275 Drivers\Windows
> 2000\AR-PK1_Win2k_PS\a11p2enu.inf"
>
> It tells me the printer name is incorrect. I am using the printers share
> name which should work, but doesn't.
>
> Can anyone debug that line and give me some pointers? The inf file path is
> good and is the only driver for windows 2000 and xp. The true server name
> has been named a generic "server".
>
> Thanks

Thank you gentlemen. This sounds very promising. I'm going to look into it
right away.

Steve