Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Epson Printers?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 5:14:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

A good many rumours have begun to stir about several new Epson printers.

The main ones are:

The new Epson replacement for the 2200/2100 printer will be called the
2400, and it will have a new Ultrachrome pigment inkset.

This set will include a matt or photo black, and two lower denisty
grays/blacks, plus low density and normal Magenta, low and normal
density Cyan, and Yellow. The idea is to have a black and white driver
that produces true B&W prints without metamerism by using three levels
of black ink density. The new inkset is supposed to be rated for 200
years and three inks for B&W printing 300 years.

The 4400, a mild upgrade on the 4000. This eight color printer in this
model version will come from the factory with 2 identical CMYK ink sets
to double printing speeed.

The 4800 is a model that has the same ink set as the 2400 is rumored to
above.

The 7800 and 9800 wide carriage will probably have a similar ink set,
but may be offered with a R1800 style pallet, possible called the 7700
and 9700.

More about : epson printers

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 5:48:19 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:a%oee.35562$vN2.34068@clgrps13...
> A good many rumours have begun to stir about several new Epson printers.
>
> The main ones are:
>
> The new Epson replacement for the 2200/2100 printer will be called the
> 2400, and it will have a new Ultrachrome pigment inkset.
>
> This set will include a matt or photo black

Hopefully you won't have to switch between them like the 2100/2200?
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:24:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Apparently, unlike the R800 and R1800, you do.

Art

CWatters wrote:

> "Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:a%oee.35562$vN2.34068@clgrps13...
>
>>A good many rumours have begun to stir about several new Epson printers.
>>
>>The main ones are:
>>
>>The new Epson replacement for the 2200/2100 printer will be called the
>>2400, and it will have a new Ultrachrome pigment inkset.
>>
>>This set will include a matt or photo black
>
>
> Hopefully you won't have to switch between them like the 2100/2200?
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 3:25:20 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Thu, 05 May 2005 13:14:46 GMT, Arthur Entlich
<e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:

US pricing on the printers? on the inksets? Availability dates?

How will the 2200 compare with the newly released 1800?



>A good many rumours have begun to stir about several new Epson printers.
>
>The main ones are:
>
>The new Epson replacement for the 2200/2100 printer will be called the
>2400, and it will have a new Ultrachrome pigment inkset.
>
>This set will include a matt or photo black, and two lower denisty
>grays/blacks, plus low density and normal Magenta, low and normal
>density Cyan, and Yellow. The idea is to have a black and white driver
>that produces true B&W prints without metamerism by using three levels
>of black ink density. The new inkset is supposed to be rated for 200
>years and three inks for B&W printing 300 years.
>
>The 4400, a mild upgrade on the 4000. This eight color printer in this
>model version will come from the factory with 2 identical CMYK ink sets
>to double printing speeed.
>
>The 4800 is a model that has the same ink set as the 2400 is rumored to
>above.
>
>The 7800 and 9800 wide carriage will probably have a similar ink set,
>but may be offered with a R1800 style pallet, possible called the 7700
>and 9700.
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 3:54:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I think prices will have to wait until release, an Epson tend to be very
tight lipped about these things. However, likely similar or slightly
lower prices than the printers that the new ones are replacing.

Most should be released soon. I'm guessing 1-2 months or less.

Art

Lady Margaret Thatcher wrote:

> On Thu, 05 May 2005 13:14:46 GMT, Arthur Entlich
> <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
>
> US pricing on the printers? on the inksets? Availability dates?
>
> How will the 2200 compare with the newly released 1800?
>
>
>
>
>>A good many rumours have begun to stir about several new Epson printers.
>>
>>The main ones are:
>>
>>The new Epson replacement for the 2200/2100 printer will be called the
>>2400, and it will have a new Ultrachrome pigment inkset.
>>
>>This set will include a matt or photo black, and two lower denisty
>>grays/blacks, plus low density and normal Magenta, low and normal
>>density Cyan, and Yellow. The idea is to have a black and white driver
>>that produces true B&W prints without metamerism by using three levels
>>of black ink density. The new inkset is supposed to be rated for 200
>>years and three inks for B&W printing 300 years.
>>
>>The 4400, a mild upgrade on the 4000. This eight color printer in this
>>model version will come from the factory with 2 identical CMYK ink sets
>>to double printing speeed.
>>
>>The 4800 is a model that has the same ink set as the 2400 is rumored to
>>above.
>>
>>The 7800 and 9800 wide carriage will probably have a similar ink set,
>>but may be offered with a R1800 style pallet, possible called the 7700
>>and 9700.
>
>
!