Event ID: 11 Event source: KDC

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 4, 2005 11:40:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Hi,

We receive the following in the eventlog on our W2K DC:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: KDC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11
Date: 2005-04-04
Time: 18:09:46
User: N/A
Computer: computername
There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of type
10.

"computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from Computers
in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the domain. The
message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and followed the
instructions on

http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-...

"servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername but we
get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong place?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Manso

More about : event event source kdc

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 12:57:49 AM

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=5...

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:o KIY30TOFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> We receive the following in the eventlog on our W2K DC:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: KDC
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11
> Date: 2005-04-04
> Time: 18:09:46
> User: N/A
> Computer: computername
> There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of type
> 10.
>
> "computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from Computers
> in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the domain. The
> message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and followed the
> instructions on
>
> http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-...
>
> "servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
> problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername but
> we get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong place?
>
> Any and all help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manso

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 12:57:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Thanks but I have tried the suggestions on eventid.net and I can't workout
where the duplicate record is. Most articles/postings suggest that this
error will go away when removing/rejoining the domain but the error
persists. Any clues?

Thanks,
Manso

"Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message
news:o 7PBU$TOFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=5...
>

> --
> Andrei Ungureanu
> www.eventid.net
> Free Windows event logs reports
> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
>
> "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:o KIY30TOFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> We receive the following in the eventlog on our W2K DC:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: KDC
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 11
>> Date: 2005-04-04
>> Time: 18:09:46
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: computername
>> There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of
>> type 10.
>>
>> "computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from
>> Computers in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the
>> domain. The message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and
>> followed the instructions on
>>
>> http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-...
>>
>> "servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
>> problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername but
>> we get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong
>> place?
>>
>> Any and all help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Manso

April 5, 2005 12:57:51 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

And you're deleting the computer account before re-joining?

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

> Thanks but I have tried the suggestions on eventid.net and I can't workout
> where the duplicate record is. Most articles/postings suggest that this
> error will go away when removing/rejoining the domain but the error
> persists. Any clues?
>
> Thanks,
> Manso
>
> "Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message
> news:o 7PBU$TOFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=5...
>>

>> --
>> Andrei Ungureanu
>> www.eventid.net
>> Free Windows event logs reports
>> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
>>
>> "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:o KIY30TOFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We receive the following in the eventlog on our W2K DC:
>>>
>>> Event Type: Error
>>> Event Source: KDC
>>> Event Category: None
>>> Event ID: 11
>>> Date: 2005-04-04
>>> Time: 18:09:46
>>> User: N/A
>>> Computer: computername
>>> There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of
>>> type 10.
>>>
>>> "computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from
>>> Computers in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the
>>> domain. The message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and
>>> followed the instructions on
>>>
>>> http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-...
>>>
>>> "servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
>>> problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername
>>> but we get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong
>>> place?
>>>
>>> Any and all help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Manso

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 1:09:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Hi Ryan,

I remove the computer from AD using the MMC console, reinstall the machine
and join the domain again during the reinstallation.

Thanks,
Manso

"Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> wrote in message
> And you're deleting the computer account before re-joining?
>
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> FlagShip Integration Services
> Chicago, IL
>
> "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks but I have tried the suggestions on eventid.net and I can't
>> workout where the duplicate record is. Most articles/postings suggest
>> that this error will go away when removing/rejoining the domain but the
>> error persists. Any clues?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Manso
>>
>> "Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message
>> news:o 7PBU$TOFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=5...
>>>

>>> --
>>> Andrei Ungureanu
>>> www.eventid.net
>>> Free Windows event logs reports
>>> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
>>>
>>> "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o KIY30TOFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:36:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

You have to find the duplication, the service principal name is used on
another object.

Use method 2 in the KB
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321044 to find the
two conflicting objects.