Event ID: 11
Date: 2005-04-04
Time: 18:09:46
User: N/A
Computer: computername
There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of type
10.

"computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from Computers
in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the domain. The
message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and followed the
instructions on

http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-active-directory/15706/Error-11-KDC

"servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername but we
get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong place?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Manso
5 answers Last reply
More about event event source
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=569&source=KDC&phase=1

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > We receive the following in the eventlog on our W2K DC:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: KDC
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 11
    > Date: 2005-04-04
    > Time: 18:09:46
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: computername
    > There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of type
    > 10.
    >
    > "computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from Computers
    > in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the domain. The
    > message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and followed the
    > instructions on
    >
    > http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-active-directory/15706/Error-11-KDC
    >
    > "servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
    > problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername but
    > we get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong place?
    >
    > Any and all help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Manso

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    Thanks but I have tried the suggestions on eventid.net and I can't workout
    where the duplicate record is. Most articles/postings suggest that this
    error will go away when removing/rejoining the domain but the error
    persists. Any clues?

    Thanks,
    Manso

    "Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message
    > http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=569&source=KDC&phase=1
    >

    > --
    > Andrei Ungureanu
    > www.eventid.net
    > Free Windows event logs reports
    > http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    >
    > "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> We receive the following in the eventlog on our W2K DC:
    >>
    >> Event Type: Error
    >> Event Source: KDC
    >> Event Category: None
    >> Event ID: 11
    >> Date: 2005-04-04
    >> Time: 18:09:46
    >> User: N/A
    >> Computer: computername
    >> There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of
    >> type 10.
    >>
    >> "computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from
    >> Computers in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the
    >> domain. The message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and
    >> followed the instructions on
    >>
    >> http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-active-directory/15706/Error-11-KDC
    >>
    >> "servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
    >> problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername but
    >> we get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong
    >> place?
    >>
    >> Any and all help is appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Manso

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    And you're deleting the computer account before re-joining?

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    > Thanks but I have tried the suggestions on eventid.net and I can't workout
    > where the duplicate record is. Most articles/postings suggest that this
    > error will go away when removing/rejoining the domain but the error
    > persists. Any clues?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Manso
    >
    > "Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=569&source=KDC&phase=1
    >>

    >> --
    >> Andrei Ungureanu
    >> www.eventid.net
    >> Free Windows event logs reports
    >> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    >>
    >> "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> We receive the following in the eventlog on our W2K DC:
    >>>
    >>> Event Type: Error
    >>> Event Source: KDC
    >>> Event Category: None
    >>> Event ID: 11
    >>> Date: 2005-04-04
    >>> Time: 18:09:46
    >>> User: N/A
    >>> Computer: computername
    >>> There are multiple accounts with name cifs/computername.domain.net of
    >>> type 10.
    >>>
    >>> "computername" is a Windows 2003 server. We have removed it from
    >>> Computers in AD MMC console, reinstalled the machine and re joined the
    >>> domain. The message is still popping up. I have tried ADSIEdit and
    >>> followed the instructions on
    >>>
    >>> http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/windows-2000-active-directory/15706/Error-11-KDC
    >>>
    >>> "servicePrincipalName" looks exacly the same as on a machine without the
    >>> problem. Most articles about this problem refers to host/computername
    >>> but we get cifs/computername. What is cifs? Are we looking at the wrong
    >>> place?
    >>>
    >>> Any and all help is appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Manso

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    Hi Ryan,

    I remove the computer from AD using the MMC console, reinstall the machine
    and join the domain again during the reinstallation.

    Thanks,
    Manso

    "Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> wrote in message
    > And you're deleting the computer account before re-joining?
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Hanisco
    > MCSE, MCDBA
    > FlagShip Integration Services
    > Chicago, IL
    >
    > "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks but I have tried the suggestions on eventid.net and I can't
    >> workout where the duplicate record is. Most articles/postings suggest
    >> that this error will go away when removing/rejoining the domain but the
    >> error persists. Any clues?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Manso
    >>
    >> "Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=11&eventno=569&source=KDC&phase=1
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Andrei Ungureanu
    >>> www.eventid.net
    >>> Free Windows event logs reports
    >>> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
    >>>
    >>> "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    You have to find the duplication, the service principal name is used on
    another object.

    Use method 2 in the KB
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321044 to find the
    two conflicting objects.

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi Ryan,
    >
    > I remove the computer from AD using the MMC console, reinstall the machine
    > and join the domain again during the reinstallation.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Manso
    >
    > "Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> wrote in message
    >> And you're deleting the computer account before re-joining?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ryan Hanisco
    >> MCSE, MCDBA
    >> FlagShip Integration Services
    >> Chicago, IL
    >>
    >> "manso" <nothing@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks but I have tried the suggestions on eventid.net and I can't
    >>> workout where the duplicate record is. Most articles/postings suggest
    >>> that this error will go away when removing/rejoining the domain but the
    >>> error persists. Any clues?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Manso
    >>>
    >>> "Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message

Active Directory Microsoft Event Id Windows