Need help with LDAP query

Hi guys,

I need to query AD to get the "Mailbox rights" from a bunch of users...
(i.e. who can connect to their mailboxes in Exchange 2000)

Can I do it via LDAP or do you know of a 3rd party tool?

Many thanks,

There is no easy way of doing this, I think you need to get the value of the
msExchMailBoxSecurityDescriptor attribute that has the mailbox rights stored
in Security Descriptor Definition Language.

Search msdn.microsoft.com for Security Descriptor Definition Language in
order to understand its syntax and the output.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Johnny Noitargim" <jm@nospamplease.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi guys,
>
> I need to query AD to get the "Mailbox rights" from a bunch of users...
> (i.e. who can connect to their mailboxes in Exchange 2000)
>
> Can I do it via LDAP or do you know of a 3rd party tool?
>
> Many thanks,

Yeah that info is there in that attribute however the supported mechanism is to
gather the data through the CDOEXM interface. Specifically you have to bind to
the user object with adsi and then grab the sd with the cdoexm method
MailboxRights and then enumerate through the ACEs.

It can be considered to be pretty messy. This KB has some info on setting
mailbox rights. It should give you an idea on how to read them as well.

joe

www.joeware.net