login script for pop-up message

Hi,
I need to set up a batch file or script that will give everyone a pop-up
message saying something when they log into our domain from now on. I know
how to set up login scripts in active directory, but I don't have any text to
just send a pop up box to whatever user it it.

Very similar to if I were to send a "net sent" message to someone else, but
just for the local user I guess. Google hasn't helped me I guess because the
keywords are too vague. Anywone have any ideas?
Thanks so much,
Greg
gmsugaree@yahoo.com
4 answers Last reply
More about login script message

    Launch gpedit.msc

    Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Local Policies ->
    -> Security Options -> Message text for users attempting to log on.

    There is a GPO in AD specifically for this

    Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Local Policies | Security
    Options | Interactive Logon: Message Text...

    That will do it.
    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I need to set up a batch file or script that will give everyone a pop-up
    > message saying something when they log into our domain from now on. I
    > know
    > how to set up login scripts in active directory, but I don't have any text
    > just send a pop up box to whatever user it it.
    >
    > Very similar to if I were to send a "net sent" message to someone else,
    > but
    > just for the local user I guess. Google hasn't helped me I guess because
    > the
    > keywords are too vague. Anywone have any ideas?
    > Thanks so much,
    > Greg
    > gmsugaree@yahoo.com

    Oct32,

    Gpedit.msc will work if you want to do this as a local policy. I would
    suggest, however, doing this as a domain policy or as a GPO attached to an
    OU.

    --

    "Oct32" <octavian32@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Launch gpedit.msc
    >
    > Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Local Policies ->
    > -> Security Options -> Message text for users attempting to log on.

    Use a vbs script instead of batch.

    msgbox "I have some thing to say"

    --
    Regards
    Christoffer Andersson

    "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi,
    > I need to set up a batch file or script that will give everyone a pop-up
    > message saying something when they log into our domain from now on. I
    > know
    > how to set up login scripts in active directory, but I don't have any text
    > just send a pop up box to whatever user it it.
    >
    > Very similar to if I were to send a "net sent" message to someone else,
    > but
    > just for the local user I guess. Google hasn't helped me I guess because
    > the
    > keywords are too vague. Anywone have any ideas?
    > Thanks so much,
    > Greg
    > gmsugaree@yahoo.com

Login Active Directory Windows