login script for pop-up message

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,
I need to set up a batch file or script that will give everyone a pop-up
message saying something when they log into our domain from now on. I know
how to set up login scripts in active directory, but I don't have any text to
just send a pop up box to whatever user it it.

Very similar to if I were to send a "net sent" message to someone else, but
just for the local user I guess. Google hasn't helped me I guess because the
keywords are too vague. Anywone have any ideas?
Thanks so much,
Greg
gmsugaree@yahoo.com

Launch gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Local Policies ->
-> Security Options -> Message text for users attempting to log on.

There is a GPO in AD specifically for this

Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Local Policies | Security
Options | Interactive Logon: Message Text...

That will do it.
--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I need to set up a batch file or script that will give everyone a pop-up
> message saying something when they log into our domain from now on. I
> know
> how to set up login scripts in active directory, but I don't have any text
> just send a pop up box to whatever user it it.
>
> Very similar to if I were to send a "net sent" message to someone else,
> but
> just for the local user I guess. Google hasn't helped me I guess because
> the
> keywords are too vague. Anywone have any ideas?
> Thanks so much,
> Greg
> gmsugaree@yahoo.com

Oct32,

Gpedit.msc will work if you want to do this as a local policy. I would
suggest, however, doing this as a domain policy or as a GPO attached to an
OU.

--

"Oct32" <octavian32@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Launch gpedit.msc
>
> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Local Policies ->
> -> Security Options -> Message text for users attempting to log on.

Use a vbs script instead of batch.

msgbox "I have some thing to say"

--
Regards