Populate Active Directory user names From a txt file..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 5, 2005 12:05:33 AM

Is there a easy method to populate AD with user names from a
text file of user names and assign everyone the same inital password.

I have about 100 users names that need to be created in AD.

Thanks for your help.

Josh.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 7:47:20 AM

Josh Davis wrote:

> Is there a easy method to populate AD with user names from a
> text file of user names and assign everyone the same inital password.
>
> I have about 100 users names that need to be created in AD.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Josh.

csvde.exe can be used to import users from a csv file. It does not set
passwords though. A simple VB script can be created to set passwords
though. You'll need more than just a username to import accounts though.
!