Populate Active Directory user names From a txt file..

Is there a easy method to populate AD with user names from a
text file of user names and assign everyone the same inital password.

I have about 100 users names that need to be created in AD.

Thanks for your help.

Josh.
1 answer Last reply
More about populate active directory user names file

    Josh Davis wrote:

    > Is there a easy method to populate AD with user names from a
    > text file of user names and assign everyone the same inital password.
    >
    > I have about 100 users names that need to be created in AD.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Josh.

    csvde.exe can be used to import users from a csv file. It does not set
    passwords though. A simple VB script can be created to set passwords
    though. You'll need more than just a username to import accounts though.

Microsoft Active Directory Windows