VOIP with ReplayTV

I have a replayTV 3030 which connects over the phone line. I am considering
a move to VOIP phone service and giving up the land line, its cheaper and
seems like the right direction technically. I have heard that the quality
will not allow the ReplayTV to connect over the IP phone line.

My question is has anybody had any experience with AT&T CallVantage,
SunRocket, or Vonage and replayTV? Did you need to lower the baud rate on
the Replay? What bandwidth does your internet connection have?

I'm afraid I can't answer for those particular VOIP carriers, but I have tried
several with my asterisk system as well as none (just asterisk). What I found
out is that some of the early replay boxes had a noisy modem chip. This was
also confirmed by PacBell who said it was screwing up my DSL line (before I went
VOIP). I haven't tried my 5000 yet (no need to with the network connection).

If you have one with a noisy chip, that could be a problem.

-- John

Steve Weavers wrote:

> I have a replayTV 3030 which connects over the phone line. I am considering
> a move to VOIP phone service and giving up the land line, its cheaper and
> seems like the right direction technically. I have heard that the quality
> will not allow the ReplayTV to connect over the IP phone line.
>
> My question is has anybody had any experience with AT&T CallVantage,
> SunRocket, or Vonage and replayTV? Did you need to lower the baud rate on
> the Replay? What bandwidth does your internet connection have?

Dear Steve,

I would recommend you to visit the site:

http://www.uninumber.ubifone.com/

and discover the advanced VoIP world.

Please do feel free to contact me for further questions you may have.

Kind Regards,

Sam.
-------------------------------------

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

Steve Weavers wrote:
> The SunRocket VoIP is now installed and works well as a phone line. The land
> line is no more. But, I am not able to make the rtv3030 connect. It will
> dial, there is a modem exchange, but then it just fails. Do you know how I
> can find out if I have a "noisy chip"?
>
> The VoIP gateway is a Telco Access 211. Getting good information on this
> device seems to be difficult,

Try here: http://support.telco.com/products.php?id=40&pid=18

Enzo

The SunRocket VoIP is now installed and works well as a phone line. The land
line is no more. But, I am not able to make the rtv3030 connect. It will
dial, there is a modem exchange, but then it just fails. Do you know how I
can find out if I have a "noisy chip"?

The VoIP gateway is a Telco Access 211. Getting good information on this
device seems to be difficult, but it is advertised as supporting a fax
machine.

"John Sutter" <jds@sutters.com> wrote in message
> I'm afraid I can't answer for those particular VOIP carriers, but I have
> tried
> several with my asterisk system as well as none (just asterisk). What I
> found
> out is that some of the early replay boxes had a noisy modem chip. This
> was
> also confirmed by PacBell who said it was screwing up my DSL line (before
> I went
> VOIP). I haven't tried my 5000 yet (no need to with the network
> connection).
>
> If you have one with a noisy chip, that could be a problem.
>
> -- John
>

> Steve Weavers wrote:
>
>> I have a replayTV 3030 which connects over the phone line. I am
>> considering a move to VOIP phone service and giving up the land line, its
>> cheaper and seems like the right direction technically. I have heard that
>> the quality will not allow the ReplayTV to connect over the IP phone
>> line.
>>
>> My question is has anybody had any experience with AT&T CallVantage,
>> SunRocket, or Vonage and replayTV? Did you need to lower the baud rate
>> on the Replay? What bandwidth does your internet connection have?

SJPunter

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Hi,
I have a very old replay tv (panasonic showstopper) and I had problems using sunrocket phone line. The problem was resolved when I change the modem baud settings to lower speed. I changed from 28.8kbps to 9600bps and it worked.
Thanks,
SJPunter