home page

How do I get to select my very own "HOME PAGE"? When I
go to tppls & select use current page, it keeps sending
me back to a page I don't want?
2 answers Last reply
More about home page

    On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 16:43:10 -0700, Bob wrote:

    > How do I get to select my very own "HOME PAGE"? When I
    > go to tppls & select use current page, it keeps sending
    > me back to a page I don't want?

    While there are home page hijackers such as those mentioned in Gregg's
    reply -- there are programs that protect the home page setting. If you are
    using one of those, open the program to release the "lock" so that you can
    change the page.

    Example: Spybot Search and Destroy can lock in the home page so that
    malware can't change it. In order to reset this to a different website, you
    need to open Spybot Search and Destroy, remove the lock, then change the
    home page in Internet Options.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Bob wrote:
    > How do I get to select my very own "HOME PAGE"? When I
    > go to tppls & select use current page, it keeps sending
    > me back to a page I don't want?

    You might have inadvertently downloaded spyware, adware, or other
    so-called malware that has now hijacked your computer. To see if this is
    the case, you should run a spyware cleaner program. A good free one is
    "Ad-Aware" by Lavasoft:

    www.lavasoftusa.com

    They have free and non-free versions. The free one is Ad-aware Personal.
    There is a link to it on the upper left side under Software.

    Gregg

Microsoft Windows XP