How to edit an AD Users Password Age

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I am needing to test our Exchange OWA server and how it handles a user who's
password is almost expired. Supposedly at 14 days until expiration, OWA
will notify the user that they need to change their password. I figure that
I can manually age a users password using the ADSIEdit utility but I do not
know what to change. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Fred

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I think that it can be done by editing the value for pwdLastSet using a
Base64Date using Robert Mueller's VBS code at http://www.rlmueller.net/

Thanks,
Fred

"Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I am needing to test our Exchange OWA server and how it handles a user
who's
> password is almost expired. Supposedly at 14 days until expiration, OWA
> will notify the user that they need to change their password. I figure
that
> I can manually age a users password using the ADSIEdit utility but I do
not
> know what to change. Any ideas?
>

> Thanks,
> Fred

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Tried this and it does not work. I get a value and plug it into the
pwdLastSet value using ADSIEdit but it will not save it. Any ideas out
there?

> I think that it can be done by editing the value for pwdLastSet using a
> Base64Date using Robert Mueller's VBS code at http://www.rlmueller.net/
>

> Thanks,
> Fred
>

> "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I am needing to test our Exchange OWA server and how it handles a user
> who's
> > password is almost expired. Supposedly at 14 days until expiration, OWA
> > will notify the user that they need to change their password. I figure
> that
> > I can manually age a users password using the ADSIEdit utility but I do
> not
> > know what to change. Any ideas?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Fred

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration,microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I don't believe that it is a writeable attribute.

Fire up the environment in a lab and just set the password expiration to 16
days.

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:38:59 -0500, "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am needing to test our Exchange OWA server and how it handles a user who's
>password is almost expired. Supposedly at 14 days until expiration, OWA
>will notify the user that they need to change their password. I figure that
>I can manually age a users password using the ADSIEdit utility but I do not
>know what to change. Any ideas?
>

>Thanks,
>Fred

See tip 9205 and link in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com to alter the expiration warning during testing.