  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 5, 2005 2:23:02 PM

We are in the beginning stages of using AD on Windows 2003. We have a user
folder share on a server that will house all of the user folders. I have had
to give everyone READ access to the "Users" share before the users can browse
to their folder. In doing this, they also see every other user folder out
there, even though they can't access it. Is there any way to make it so they
only see their user folder when they browse out to the "Users" share?

More about : user folder rights

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 11:28:38 PM

Yes, if you have installed SP1 you can make use of a new feature called
Access Based Enumeration.

Stick that into Google and see if it's what you're after.

--
Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/
April 5, 2005 11:28:39 PM

Paul, Thanks for the info, but do you have any other info on the abetool.exe?
I can't find anything on Microsoft's website or Google. All I can find out
there is that this abetool.exe exists. We even did a search for the file on a
2003 server and it didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Scott