new domain controller at remote site

I have three sites. I added a domain controller to a remote site which
previously had no domain controllers. How do I get the clients at that site
to authenticate with their new domain controller? Is it automatic or do I
need to configure something in Sites and Services?
--
alexo
1 answer Last reply

    When you install a domain controller, it automatially 'drops' in the
    Default-First-Site in the AD Sites & Services snap-in. If you have three
    physical locations, you should have three sites representing them and three
    subnets assigned to the three sites. This tells AD how your network is setup
    and it will determine how clients know where the domain controllers are, not
    to mention the fact that AD relies on DNS SRV records to help workstations
    find services.

    "alexo" <alexo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have three sites. I added a domain controller to a remote site which
    > previously had no domain controllers. How do I get the clients at that
    site
    > to authenticate with their new domain controller? Is it automatic or do I
    > need to configure something in Sites and Services?
    > --
    > alexo

Active Directory Microsoft Domain Controller Windows