new domain controller at remote site

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 5, 2005 4:47:09 PM

I have three sites. I added a domain controller to a remote site which
previously had no domain controllers. How do I get the clients at that site
to authenticate with their new domain controller? Is it automatic or do I
need to configure something in Sites and Services?
--
alexo
Anonymous

When you install a domain controller, it automatially 'drops' in the
Default-First-Site in the AD Sites & Services snap-in. If you have three
physical locations, you should have three sites representing them and three
subnets assigned to the three sites. This tells AD how your network is setup
and it will determine how clients know where the domain controllers are, not
to mention the fact that AD relies on DNS SRV records to help workstations
find services.

!