Windows 2003 Remove Schema Changes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I've read a few things on the internet about removing schema changes and
that windows 2003 supports this? Is this true? if so, are there any good
links out there about it? Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Windows 2003 cannot delete schema changes, but it can defunct, or
deactivate, them. Have a read of this for more information.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/f31dbe4c-3e06-42e9-86c6-5c8c692afbd0.mspx

Best thing to do is thoroughly plan for and test any schema changes before
implementing them to minimise the risk of having to do this at all.

"Simon Geary" <simon_geary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows 2003 cannot delete schema changes, but it can defunct, or
> deactivate, them. Have a read of this for more information.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/f31dbe4c-3e06-42e9-86c6-5c8c692afbd0.mspx

> Best thing to do is thoroughly plan for and test any schema changes before
> implementing them to minimise the risk of having to do this at all.

Agreed, in full.
Or, if within means for app under consideration, craft it to use
the Application Partition capability also introduced with W2k3.

--
Roger

> "Gabe Matteson" <gmatteson@inquery.biz.nospam> wrote in message
> > I've read a few things on the internet about removing schema changes and
> > that windows 2003 supports this? Is this true? if so, are there any good
> > links out there about it? Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

You can't undo or remove schema changes, however there is a new way of
disabling classes or attributes by making them "Defunct" This means when
IsDefunct is set to True, the class or attribute is no longer usable. Old
versions of this object may exist, but new ones cannot be created.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson