the system registry

October 2, 2004 10:02:15 PM

I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
where the hell is the system registry located?
In windows XP home...

More about : system registry

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 12:41:11 AM

What spyware program are you running? Folks here might be able to recommend
free programs that may deal with your issues without the edit or reduce the
number of edits to make.

"roy" <bodegaboy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
> my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
> where the hell is the system registry located?
> In windows XP home...
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 1:49:37 AM

Hello,

Type into the run command "regedit" but becareful if you change the wrong
this your whole computer will crah and burn.

Michael Ortega

"roy" <bodegaboy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
> my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
> where the hell is the system registry located?
> In windows XP home...
October 3, 2004 2:11:19 AM

Hi,

Click start/run, type regedit and click ok. However, before you proceed, you
should give some idea of what it is you plan on doing. Registry work is
inherently dangerous, and one bad move can cause one heck of a mess.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"roy" <bodegaboy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
> my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
> where the hell is the system registry located?
> In windows XP home...
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 10:25:35 AM

With all due respect, and I sincerely mean that - no slam intended, if you
have to ask that question you are better off not knowing.

--

!