the system registry

I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
where the hell is the system registry located?
In windows XP home...
4 answers Last reply
More about system registry

    What spyware program are you running? Folks here might be able to recommend
    free programs that may deal with your issues without the edit or reduce the
    number of edits to make.

    "roy" <bodegaboy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
    > my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
    > where the hell is the system registry located?
    > In windows XP home...

    Hello,

    Type into the run command "regedit" but becareful if you change the wrong
    this your whole computer will crah and burn.

    Michael Ortega

    "roy" <bodegaboy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
    > my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
    > where the hell is the system registry located?
    > In windows XP home...

    Hi,

    Click start/run, type regedit and click ok. However, before you proceed, you
    should give some idea of what it is you plan on doing. Registry work is
    inherently dangerous, and one bad move can cause one heck of a mess.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "roy" <bodegaboy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
    > my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
    > where the hell is the system registry located?
    > In windows XP home...

    With all due respect, and I sincerely mean that - no slam intended, if you
    have to ask that question you are better off not knowing.

    --

    "roy" <bodegaboy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I have spy ware, and or add ware in the system registry.
    > my anti spyware app is telling me to remove it manually.
    > where the hell is the system registry located?
    > In windows XP home...

Microsoft Anti Spyware Registry Windows XP