DCDIAG /e : replicatedobjects test fails

Hi all,

I have a problem with one of the DC's of one domain of my AD forest.

The history is:

the child domain DC crashed and was demoted-promoted after the
disaster.
since then, the other DC's in the main (and only) site of the forest
generate
this error on a DCDIAG /e

Starting test: ObjectsReplicated
Authoritative attribute name on DC_child1 (writeable)
usnLocalChange = 13113
LastOriginatingDsa = DC_child2
usnOriginatingChange = 1178036
timeLastOriginatingChange = 2005-01-18 08:53:05
VersionLastOriginatingChange = 3
Out-of-date attribute name on DC-Root1 (readonly)
usnLocalChange = 2498705
LastOriginatingDsa =
ab45e5fe-1c14-4683-9614-649e8cb1ad31
usnOriginatingChange = 799482
timeLastOriginatingChange = 2004-10-08 18:05:38
VersionLastOriginatingChange = 5

the latter part repeats for all the DC's in the forest. the
lastoriginatingDSA SID is the SID of the OLD DC-child 1. How to clean
this up?

Any help is appreciated,

Yves

In news:55931c7e.0504052213.2f1f539d@posting.google.com,
Yves <yves.rolain@vub.ac.be> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with one of the DC's of one domain of my
> AD forest.
>
> The history is:
>
> the child domain DC crashed and was demoted-promoted
> after the disaster.
> since then, the other DC's in the main (and only) site of
> the forest generate
> this error on a DCDIAG /e
>
> Starting test: ObjectsReplicated
> Authoritative attribute name on DC_child1
> (writeable) usnLocalChange = 13113
> LastOriginatingDsa = DC_child2
> usnOriginatingChange = 1178036
> timeLastOriginatingChange = 2005-01-18
> 08:53:05 VersionLastOriginatingChange = 3
> Out-of-date attribute name on DC-Root1
> (readonly) usnLocalChange = 2498705
> LastOriginatingDsa =
> ab45e5fe-1c14-4683-9614-649e8cb1ad31
> usnOriginatingChange = 799482
> timeLastOriginatingChange = 2004-10-08
> 18:05:38 VersionLastOriginatingChange = 5
>
> the latter part repeats for all the DC's in the forest.
> the lastoriginatingDSA SID is the SID of the OLD DC-child
> 1. How to clean this up?

With ntdsutil do a metadata cleanup.
How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
controller demotion:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216498

--
Best regards,