Running multiple login scripts

Hi All

i was wondering if it was possible to run multiple scripts when putting them
into the Profile tab of a user. i have two sets of login scripts which i
need to merge. certain users need certain scripts running, so it would be
much easier if i could just pick and choose which scripts to assign to each
user.

i hope this makes sense

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shaun

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:50:10 +0100, "letmeoutofhere" <jim@bob.com> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>i was wondering if it was possible to run multiple scripts when putting them
>into the Profile tab of a user. i have two sets of login scripts which i
>need to merge. certain users need certain scripts running, so it would be
>much easier if i could just pick and choose which scripts to assign to each
>user.
>
>i hope this makes sense
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Shaun

No, but you could have a script call a script.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

sorry to be dumb but how would i do that?

thank you for your reply.

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:50:10 +0100, "letmeoutofhere" <jim@bob.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi All
> >
> >i was wondering if it was possible to run multiple scripts when putting
them
> >into the Profile tab of a user. i have two sets of login scripts which i
> >need to merge. certain users need certain scripts running, so it would
be
> >much easier if i could just pick and choose which scripts to assign to
each
> >user.
> >
> >i hope this makes sense
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> >Shaun
> >
> No, but you could have a script call a script.
>

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com

As mentioned in windows.server.activedirectory you would use a script that
simply calls other scripts. This will vary depending on language.

Otherwise, use the Logon Script section of GPO.

--
Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

call Fullpathtoscript
call fullpathtonextscript

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:13:16 +0100, "letmeoutofhere" <jim@bob.com> wrote:

>sorry to be dumb but how would i do that?
>
>thank you for your reply.
>
>"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:50:10 +0100, "letmeoutofhere" <jim@bob.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi All
>> >
>> >i was wondering if it was possible to run multiple scripts when putting
>them
>> >into the Profile tab of a user. i have two sets of login scripts which i
>> >need to merge. certain users need certain scripts running, so it would
>be
>> >much easier if i could just pick and choose which scripts to assign to
>each
>> >user.
>> >
>> >i hope this makes sense
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance for any help.
>> >
>> >Shaun
>> >
>> No, but you could have a script call a script.
>>

>> Jerold Schulman
>> Windows Server MVP
>> JSI, Inc.
>> http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

ptwilliams wrote:
> As mentioned in windows.server.activedirectory you would use a script that
> simply calls other scripts. This will vary depending on language.
>
> Otherwise, use the Logon Script section of GPO.

Won't that mean that he will have put them in different OUs?
Which may or may not be a problem, of course.

Cheers,

Cliff

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

ptwilliams wrote:
> As mentioned in windows.server.activedirectory you would use a script that
> simply calls other scripts. This will vary depending on language.
>
> Otherwise, use the Logon Script section of GPO.
>

> --
> Paul Williams
>
> http://www.msresource.net/
> http://forums.msresource.net/

Sorry to mention it here, but your sig marker (minus, minus,
space) seeme to be missing the space. Of course it could be
me.....

Cheers,

Cliff

Ha ha, yes it is! I fancied a change <g>

--
Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/