Anyone know exactly where the entrance to the Valley of the winds is? Or the
Eye of the Needle?
Sick of searching!

Metis Artist wrote:

> Anyone know exactly where the entrance to the Valley of the winds is? Or the
> Eye of the Needle?
> Sick of searching!

Yes, I know exactly where it is. A guy you talk to in Sul-Matul's camp
gives you clues.

You're looking for the secret cave of Azura, right? If you can
levitate, easiest way to get there is to go to Tel Vos, and head
directly toward the mountains. You may see the dwemer ruins at the foot
of the mountain - that's a good place. Levitate over the mountains,
look down, and you'll see a path. Take the path left, it soon curls
around toward the right, and bang, you are there.

The actual entrance to the valley of the winds is near the northeast
coast. The way I told you is a short-cut.

Metis Artist wrote:

> Anyone know exactly where the entrance to the Valley of the winds is? Or the
> Eye of the Needle?
> Sick of searching!

The Valley of the Winds runs almost due south from near the
coast in the northeast section of Vvardenfell. You can see
it plainly on the paper map that came with the game. It is
an elongated "J" shape with a cave marked at the tip of the
lower end. The entrance to the Valley of the Winds lies
between two towering rock spires, although the frequent ash
storms in the region make them difficult to see from ground
level.

If you're in the Grazelands, just stay on the coast and walk
west until you enter the Ashlands. The first foyada you see
is your goal. If coming from the other direction, heading
east, the Valley is the last foyada before the Grazelands.

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> Metis Artist wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know exactly where the entrance to the Valley of the winds is? Or the
> > Eye of the Needle?
> > Sick of searching!
>
> Yes, I know exactly where it is. A guy you talk to in Sul-Matul's camp
> gives you clues.
>
> You're looking for the secret cave of Azura, right? If you can
> levitate, easiest way to get there is to go to Tel Vos, and head
> directly toward the mountains. You may see the dwemer ruins at the foot
> of the mountain - that's a good place. Levitate over the mountains,
> look down, and you'll see a path. Take the path left, it soon curls
> around toward the right, and bang, you are there.

OK, I now realize that my directions were flawed. Ignore the dwemer
ruins. Got straight west from Tel Vos, over the mountains, then take
the first path on the other side to the left. That path soon curls
around to the right, and terminates at the cave entrance. It's an
UTTERLY UNIQUE looking door, so, you WILL know it when you see it.

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> Got straight west from Tel Vos

GO straight west...

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> OK, I now realize that my directions were flawed. Ignore the dwemer
> ruins. Got straight west from Tel Vos, over the mountains, then take
> the first path on the other side to the left. That path soon curls
> around to the right, and terminates at the cave entrance. It's an
> UTTERLY UNIQUE looking door, so, you WILL know it when you see it.

Right. And like the door to Azura's Shrine, it will only open
at dawn or dusk.

Briarroot <woodsyl@iwonantispam.com> wrote:

>Right. And like the door to Azura's Shrine, it will only open
>at dawn or dusk.

Which segues nicely into a question I have... is there any convenient
way to tell the time in the game? I know it shows me the current time
when I hit T to rest, but since I can't always rest (there are enemies
nearby) it doesn't always work. And if I'm in a dungeon, I can't get
any indicator from the lighting levels.

I don't really *need* to know what time it is, i just *want* to know.
I'm a clockwatcher. Can't be helped.

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net