Outlook Express messages

I want to reformat my C: drive to get rid of viruses. I
am running XP.

Before I reformat, I want to save my email messages (to a
CD) that are in my inbox. I already saved my address
book by locating the .wab file.

What is the file extension for email messages? Where are
they stored on the computer? I want to use My Computer
to locate the messages, select them all, and save them to
a CD.

Hi,

They use .dbx for Outlook Express. See:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Pat McBride" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to reformat my C: drive to get rid of viruses. I
> am running XP.
>
> Before I reformat, I want to save my email messages (to a
> CD) that are in my inbox. I already saved my address
> book by locating the .wab file.
>
> What is the file extension for email messages? Where are
> they stored on the computer? I want to use My Computer
> to locate the messages, select them all, and save them to
> a CD.

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

Pat, just right click on your Inbox, select properties and the path will be
displayed to the .dbx files that you need to save.