GP Application Deployment options changed!

I have a strange change in Group Policy that is hurting me bad. I have no
idea where the change came from or how to correct it. I am running Windows
2000 native AD, but one domain controller is Windows Server 2003. Here is
what happened.

I am testing deployment of applications in a test OU. I had the applications
set to install at first login. I had only 1 application being installed and
all worked well. I am not sure exactly when the change occurred (possibly
when I installed the new Server 2003 DC?), but I was adding more
applications and they no longer installed at first login. The application
install option was set to "Auto-install this application by file extension
activation " and is grayed out. Now the applications will only install when
a file of that extension type is opened. I do NOT want this setting, but I
can't find how to go back to my old settings as they are grayed out. This
was NOT the previous setting!

HELP.
1 answer Last reply
More about application deployment options changed

    Never mind. After more experimenting I have it working now. It seems Win 2K3
    AD GPO's work differently and I figured it out. I had to add the software
    install to the User section instead of the Computer section.

    "Steve Gould" <steve.gould(at)apawood.org> wrote in message
    >I have a strange change in Group Policy that is hurting me bad. I have no
    >idea where the change came from or how to correct it. I am running Windows
    >2000 native AD, but one domain controller is Windows Server 2003. Here is
    >what happened.
    >
    > I am testing deployment of applications in a test OU. I had the
    > applications set to install at first login. I had only 1 application being
    > installed and all worked well. I am not sure exactly when the change
    > occurred (possibly when I installed the new Server 2003 DC?), but I was
    > adding more applications and they no longer installed at first login. The
    > application install option was set to "Auto-install this application by
    > file extension activation " and is grayed out. Now the applications will
    > only install when a file of that extension type is opened. I do NOT want
    > this setting, but I can't find how to go back to my old settings as they
    > are grayed out. This was NOT the previous setting!
    >
    > HELP.

Active Directory Windows