Removing a crashed domain controller from active directory

I had a small network with a windows 2k domain controller. I added a Win2k
server with Exchange 2k3 but after a few months, the hard drive started going
bad (don't ask) so I purchased a new copy of Win2k3 server and installed
Exchange 2k3 on it, migrated from the first exchange server over to the new
exchange server (just in time I might say since the next day the original
exchange server did fried completely). Needless to say, I didn't have enough
time to properly remove the original exchange server from active directory,
so I'm trying to fix that problem now.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Hello,
Have a look at the follow KB articles.

How to manually remove an Exchange 2000 installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260378&sd=tech

How to completely remove Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 from Active
Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273478/

You have to clean up after the crashed domain controller as well,

How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
controller demotion
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Jeff G" <JeffG@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I had a small network with a windows 2k domain controller. I added a Win2k
> server with Exchange 2k3 but after a few months, the hard drive started
> going
> bad (don't ask) so I purchased a new copy of Win2k3 server and installed
> Exchange 2k3 on it, migrated from the first exchange server over to the
> new
> exchange server (just in time I might say since the next day the original
> exchange server did fried completely). Needless to say, I didn't have
> enough
> time to properly remove the original exchange server from active
> directory,
> so I'm trying to fix that problem now.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jeff