I think ATI underclocked the x600 mobile

HonestIago

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Are you using the card in a notebook with a regular cooling fan?

I do have an ACER with the same graphics card but never thought about ocing it...

klosterdev

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Are you using the card in a notebook with a regular cooling fan?

I do have an ACER with the same graphics card but never thought about ocing it...

Yep. Haven't encountered a single problem either.

klosterdev

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Dude, I'm not even getting artifacts even when the system is at full load. If it's not enough to produce errors, I'm willing to assume that it's not going to catch on fire.

HDDFreak

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
wow, i would never have had the guts to oc a video card on a laptop. But still, whats the longest you have run it for at full load. I would still be very cautios while using it until you are sure it wont explode or something like that.

klosterdev

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Gotta love Dell warranties. The first time I had ever called them (the screen had developed lines going down it) they told me that I could throw it in front of a train and they would replace it.

I've run it for maybe an hour at a time at full load (both CPU and GPU) without encountering any problems. Only reason I've only tested it for an hour at a time is cause' I only game on my laptop when taking the train to work. I've got a gaming rig at home with an x1900xtx in it, so all home gaming is done on that one.