levels

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2004 10:20:08 PM

What is the average level required to complete the main quest? And what is
the highest level you can attain?

More about : levels

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 12:41:45 AM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:20:08 GMT, Metis Artist <Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca>
wrote:

> What is the average level required to complete the main quest?

There is no average level required to complete the main quest although you
will
have difficulties completing it below level 20. The lowest level I ever
heard
of, was 23.

> And what is the highest level you can attain?

The highest level for an NPC according to the Construction Set is 65535.
I guess that this is the maximum level for the PC as well.
The only way to reach that level is to cheat or to spend centuries in jail
to loose skills in order to train them again.
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 12:41:46 AM

> > And what is the highest level you can attain?
>
> The highest level for an NPC according to the Construction Set is 65535.

Wow. 65,535 must be a magical number of true intrinsic significance.

Surely, even to consider being level 65,536 invites madness, but even as
high as 65,534 we must always think "I can get better."

What the hell?

What is the highest level PC anyone here has actually played up to? I think
I saw a reference to someone's character being at level 85 recently.
July 2, 2004 12:58:48 AM

"Andy B" <AndyNoSpamHereEitherBadeaux@cox.nospam.net> wrote in message

> > > And what is the highest level you can attain?
> >
> > The highest level for an NPC according to the Construction Set is 65535.
>
> Wow. 65,535 must be a magical number of true intrinsic significance.

Oh Yes. Indeed it is. 65535 has been decreed by GOD ALMIGHTY Himself to be
the limit of mortal human ability. To strive for 65536 is SIN and with SIN
comes DAMNATION. Try to level up once you are at 65535 and your soul will
FRY, yes I said FRY, like a corndog in the skillet of HADES.

Now we can finally answer the question "Is God Real?" Obviously God is not
Real, He is in fact a 16 bit integer.

> Surely, even to consider being level 65,536 invites madness, but even as
> high as 65,534 we must always think "I can get better."
>
> What the hell?
>
> What is the highest level PC anyone here has actually played up to? I
think
> I saw a reference to someone's character being at level 85 recently.

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 1:08:39 AM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 20:41:45 +0200, Bjoern Liffers
<bjoernhenning.liffers@dialup.fh-aachen.de> wrote:

>> What is the average level required to complete the main quest?
>
>There is no average level required to complete the main quest although you
>will
>have difficulties completing it below level 20. The lowest level I ever
>heard
>of, was 23.

I did it at level 10 and completed the Bloodmoon main quest at level
11. Mind you I went VERY strong on alchemy and spent most of the
second half of the game with strength fortified so that I could carry
5000-6000 weight and was killing things with 1 or at most 2 or 3
blows. I also used long lasting (e.g. > 500 seconds) Restore Health
potions.

I found the Werewolf Maze at the end of Bloodmoon too tough so I took
difficulty down quite low.

My current game is being played with the Giants mod and a homebrew mod
to give Creeper 50000/gold per day but I am NOT using either the guild
chests or trainers. (The only real impact of the extra cash is that
I'm bribing with 1000 gold rather than 10 or 100 - I've only just
gotten the souldrinker dagger and have not seriously tried enchanting
yet) I am currently level 13 and am busy doing Thieves Guild and Morag
Tong quests. I am at Master Wizard and don't intend to do the Archmage
duel until I finish the 'Fate of the Dwarves' quest which requires
more Dwemer exploration than I have yet done.
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 2:48:46 AM

Metis Artist wrote:

> What is the average level required to complete the main quest?

For the final encounter I'd say level 30 or above is a good idea. This
is a rough guess and depends on how combat capable the character is.
If you survive the more difficult Ash critters, then the final quest
isn't so much more difficult. But I don't know how many of those Ash
critters near the mainquests end are levelled (adjusting their strength
to player level) or not.

> And what is the highest level you can attain?

I think level 70 (plus/minus some), as then you have all your primary
and secondary skills at 100.

I'd dare to say, above level 50 it's getting boring, there are no
challenges anymore. That doesn't answer your question, but I think
before you eventually reach the max level available, you are probably
bored of that character anyways. Don't think this level max is a real
thing to worry about.

Peter
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 6:20:49 PM

Horton Mammal wrote:
|| "Andy B" <AndyNoSpamHereEitherBadeaux@cox.nospam.net> wrote in
|| message news:Qf1Fc.565$O14.379@lakeread03...
||| Wow. 65,535 must be a magical number of true intrinsic
||| significance.
|| Oh Yes. Indeed it is. 65535 has been decreed by GOD ALMIGHTY Himself
|| to be the limit of mortal human ability. To strive for 65536 is SIN
|| and with SIN comes DAMNATION. Try to level up once you are at 65535
|| and your soul will FRY, yes I said FRY, like a corndog in the
|| skillet of HADES.
|| Now we can finally answer the question "Is God Real?" Obviously God
|| is not Real, He is in fact a 16 bit integer.

hehe.

||| Surely, even to consider being level 65,536 invites madness, but
||| even as high as 65,534 we must always think "I can get better."
||| What the hell?
||| What is the highest level PC anyone here has actually played up to?
||| I think I saw a reference to someone's character being at level 85
||| recently.
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 7:15:28 PM

Actually, this interests me as well. For example, could I actualy attain
Level 100 with skills as higher than 100?

"Metis Artist" <Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> What is the average level required to complete the main quest? And what is
> the highest level you can attain?

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 3:39:39 AM

Peter Strempel <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2kjblcF31ki5U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> > And what is the highest level you can attain?
>
> I think level 70 (plus/minus some), as then you have all your primary
> and secondary skills at 100.

It's practically unlimited, unless you count that 65k integer limit.
After around level 70, you can't gain level through normal playing.
But you could train at master trainer (you do have to have governing
stat above 100 though). Every ten training sessions, you can go
leveling some place before coming back for more. You actual skill
will still be stuck at 100 though.

Later...
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 4:30:37 AM

In article <kaVFc.4449$R36.595@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Boo Foo wrote:
> Actually, this interests me as well. For example, could I actualy attain
> Level 100 with skills as higher than 100?

The construction kit thinks the maximum level is 65535. You could probably
achieve that in time, by spending enough time in prison, then raising your
skills again. But once a stat or skill hits 100, thats it.

> "Metis Artist" <Talisa(remove)@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> What is the average level required to complete the main quest? And what is
>> the highest level you can attain?

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 4:44:04 AM

In article <slrncecd7d.da6.seek@sentinal.smokegroup.net>,
seek@sentinal.smokegroup.net says...
> The construction kit thinks the maximum level is 65535. You could probably
> achieve that in time, by spending enough time in prison, then raising your
> skills again. But once a stat or skill hits 100, thats it.

You don't need to go to prison. If your base attribute (e.g.
Intelligence) is above 100, then a master trainer will train you in a
skill (e.g. Alchemy) even though that skill is at 100. The skill does
not rise above 100, but you do get advancement points.

Many consider this a cheat exploit.

--
R. Dale Shipp
dale@_delete_this_min.net

In article <29fffc6e.0407042239.3004f589@posting.google.com>,
kirati_lai@hotmail.com says...
> Peter Strempel <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2kjblcF31ki5U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> > > And what is the highest level you can attain?
> >
> > I think level 70 (plus/minus some), as then you have all your primary
> > and secondary skills at 100.
>
> It's practically unlimited, unless you count that 65k integer limit.
> After around level 70, you can't gain level through normal playing.
> But you could train at master trainer (you do have to have governing
> stat above 100 though). Every ten training sessions, you can go
> leveling some place before coming back for more. You actual skill
> will still be stuck at 100 though.

You don't need to rest every 10 sessions. You can stack them up. If
you do 20 sessions, you can get two levels by resting twice. etc.

--
R. Dale Shipp
dale@_delete_this_min.net