Small, quiet and cool case - is it possible?

googlebuddy

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I'm trying to find a case that will have room for at least 3 hard drives (preferably more), and decent cooling for my new conroe chip. I think I want to use this power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931

Do you recommend using that one?

My main problem is that my computer can't be too tall. This is where I'm hoping you can help me. Can you help me pick a case that would fit the criteria above as well as:

Max Height: 19"
Max Depth: 21"

I would prefer no blowhole as this will most likely cause a larger amount of noise (I'm looking for quiet). Also, I would not like a case window but would be ok with it if there is nothing else available.

Thanks for your help!

I did some searching and found this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112099

What do you think?

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I'm not sure how you intend to get both quiet and cool as you will probably end up with some compromise in between.

Just make sure that all the fans are 120mm and get a fan controller.

Plus with the dimensions that you've given any mid size case should work. You only have about 400 to choose from.

I'd stick with Antec, Lian Li, Coolermaster or Thermaltake.

Also, since the CPU, GPU and chipset fans tend to be louder than case fans you'll probably want to replace those or go water cooling.

googlebuddy

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Are there specific 120mm fans which are best?

Also, the power supply I chose can adjust speeds of at least 2 fans. Do I need an additional fan controller or will this be enough?

I have a Lian Hi now and I really like it. I just wanted to see if there was any other recommended ones out there that many people use.

Thanks again!

Darkfire001

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I've actually got both the TruePower & Lian-li you've posted and both look great and its a very quiet machine. TruePower gives off almost no noise, and the Lian-li is also very quiet. I'll check this afternoon when I get back to my house (and turn my other machines off), but I'm fairly sure it gives off a VERY low amount of noise :)

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
hey i wanted to know if that case is good for 2 dvd burners,a 9 in 1 card, 4 250gb hard drives, and another external slot you can use if u need it?