Users locked out next morning after successfully changing ..

We are running Server 2003 with two AD servers. We force our users
(about 10,000 users) to change their password every 60 days. Our
workstations are winxp pro.

What's happening every once in a while is a user successfully changes
their password and continues working for the rest of the day. The next
morning they try and log on with their new password and get locked out.
They say they are using their new password and caps lock isn't on and
all the normal things.

Has anyone else had this problem? We unlock them and reset their
password and all seems fine. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dawn

They have a service on the machine or another machine setup with the old
password. They could have a mapped drive with the old pwd.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=7af2e69c-91f3-4e63-8629-b999adde0b9e

Use the EventComboMT with the built-in searches and specify your dc's. This
will tell you the machines that are locking the account out.