They changed this, not sure I approve

It used to be that the only way to get an attribute modifier on
level-up was to actually USE the skill yourself and have it increase.

Now, apparently training with an NPC gives you the same benefit.

I find this a bit cheap, since it is possible to get enormous amounts
of money quite easilty, without cheating.
2 answers Last reply
More about they changed this approve

    John Alcock <jalcock@nospam.net> wrote in message news:<5189e0pmuoknailt488gqeo4b4uc5nqjod@4ax.com>...
    > It used to be that the only way to get an attribute modifier on
    > level-up was to actually USE the skill yourself and have it increase.
    >
    > Now, apparently training with an NPC gives you the same benefit.
    >
    > I find this a bit cheap, since it is possible to get enormous amounts
    > of money quite easilty, without cheating.

    You could always train major/minor skills and get a multiplier. But
    at first, your miscellaneous skills only added to enhance leveling if
    you used them. This lead to everyone making their most important
    skills miscellaneous so that they wouldn't level up too fast and used
    them a lot. It was worse, in my opinion.

    NOw, people can either choose to take advantage of training misc
    skills to get better multipliers or not. More and more, I choose not.
    Otherwise, the game gets too easy too fast.

    Myself, I think the leveling system is one of the more problematic
    parts of the game. However, it's such a great game that I ignore the
    problem.

    That's what I ended up doing...had to spend it on something
    I am now level 55 and I'm about halfway through the game
    It's not the most challenging but I still like to leave reality behind for a
    bit

    "John Alcock" <jalcock@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > It used to be that the only way to get an attribute modifier on
    > level-up was to actually USE the skill yourself and have it increase.
    >
    > Now, apparently training with an NPC gives you the same benefit.
    >
    > I find this a bit cheap, since it is possible to get enormous amounts
    > of money quite easilty, without cheating.

Training Games Video Games