They changed this, not sure I approve

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2004 10:55:52 PM

It used to be that the only way to get an attribute modifier on
level-up was to actually USE the skill yourself and have it increase.

Now, apparently training with an NPC gives you the same benefit.

I find this a bit cheap, since it is possible to get enormous amounts
of money quite easilty, without cheating.

More about : changed approve

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 10:07:27 PM

John Alcock <jalcock@nospam.net> wrote in message news:<5189e0pmuoknailt488gqeo4b4uc5nqjod@4ax.com>...
> It used to be that the only way to get an attribute modifier on
> level-up was to actually USE the skill yourself and have it increase.
>
> Now, apparently training with an NPC gives you the same benefit.
>
> I find this a bit cheap, since it is possible to get enormous amounts
> of money quite easilty, without cheating.

You could always train major/minor skills and get a multiplier. But
at first, your miscellaneous skills only added to enhance leveling if
you used them. This lead to everyone making their most important
skills miscellaneous so that they wouldn't level up too fast and used
them a lot. It was worse, in my opinion.

NOw, people can either choose to take advantage of training misc
skills to get better multipliers or not. More and more, I choose not.
Otherwise, the game gets too easy too fast.

Myself, I think the leveling system is one of the more problematic
parts of the game. However, it's such a great game that I ignore the
problem.
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 2:51:01 AM

That's what I ended up doing...had to spend it on something
I am now level 55 and I'm about halfway through the game
It's not the most challenging but I still like to leave reality behind for a
bit

!