multiple DID ( virtual Numbers ) sipura SPA-3000

Hello ! I would like to know that can I configure multiple virtual
numbers ( DID numbers ) to single Sipura SPA-3000 and have them all
work actively at the same time .

--
SIP2PSTN

Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> writes:
> With Asterisk running on a $60 wireless access point, this becomes quite
> a viable solution. I like it much more than waiting for Sipura/Cisco/
> Linksys to provide the functionality I want.
>
> (I've got a bunch of SPA-3000s and a bunch of WRT-54GS routers...I'm
> looking forward to configuring them to work together.)

I wonder, might the SPA series be running linux too? I guess I don't
even know how folks first discovered that the WRT-54 was running
linux.

-wolfgang

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> writes:
> > With Asterisk running on a $60 wireless access point, this becomes quite
> > a viable solution. I like it much more than waiting for Sipura/Cisco/
> > Linksys to provide the functionality I want.
> >
> > (I've got a bunch of SPA-3000s and a bunch of WRT-54GS routers...I'm
> > looking forward to configuring them to work together.)

Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT
at http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=1419 . Check it out. I run
that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my
initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts,
but then I got hooked :) ).

> I wonder, might the SPA series be running linux too? I guess I don't
> even know how folks first discovered that the WRT-54 was running
> linux.

See this post:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/6/7/164

Most of the following steps are chronicled by posts archived here:

http://www.seattlewireless.net/pipermail/dev/2003-July/thread.html

Enzo

B.M. Wright wrote:
> Enzo Michelangeli <nospam@em.no-ip.com> wrote:
>
> > Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT
> > at http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=1419 . Check it out. I run
> > that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my
> > initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts,
> > but then I got hooked :) ).
>
> Just curious, this is pretty far off topic, but what the hell.
> Have you used H.323 at all under OpenWRT?

Never tried, and actually as far as I know the support for H.323 in
Asterisk is only partial (see e.g.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+H323+Channels ).

> I have a WRT54GS but just
> haven't bothered getting asterisk/sipath working (yes, I know sipath
> will not do H.323). I also have a Cisco router with FXS ports that
> doesn't speak SIP, only H.323. If H.323 works well under OpenWRT then
> this could be good enough motivation to spend a bit of time getting it
> going. :)

What is the model of your Cisco router? Perhaps it can also speak MGCP
or SCCP/Skinny, both of which have implementations ported to OpenWRT
(although I personally never tested them).

Enzo

Enzo Michelangeli <nospam@em.no-ip.com> wrote:

> Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT
> at http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=1419 . Check it out. I run
> that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my
> initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts,
> but then I got hooked :) ).

Just curious, this is pretty far off topic, but what the hell.
Have you used H.323 at all under OpenWRT? I have a WRT54GS but just
haven't bothered getting asterisk/sipath working (yes, I know sipath
will not do H.323). I also have a Cisco router with FXS ports that
doesn't speak SIP, only H.323. If H.323 works well under OpenWRT then
this could be good enough motivation to spend a bit of time getting it
going. :)

B.M. Wright wrote:
[...]
> Hmm.. so chan_h323 is not capable of allowing an h.323 endpoint
> to register with it? It looks like oh323 does, maybe not available for
> OpenWRT though, or possibly to heavy weight to run on one.

Possibly. But H.323 is dying, and I don't think much development will
be spent on it.

> > What is the model of your Cisco router? Perhaps it can also speak MGCP
> > or SCCP/Skinny, both of which have implementations ported to OpenWRT
> > (although I personally never tested them).
>
> Don't think so, but I know it does h.323. I'll have to go look
> for the most recent IOS that I will run on this and check for MGCP/SCCP
> support in that. It's an EOL UBR924 cable modem/router (which also has
> two FXS ports). Being EOL for quite some time limits the IOS/featureset
> that I can find for it.

At
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-May/012072.html
someone mentions that MGCP is supported on IOS 12.2, but with
interoperability problems with Asterisk.

You may also want to check out
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/cable/ps2221/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cd12.html
where it's said that "12.1(3)T and higher software images that support
voice, the Cisco uBR924 router can use the MGCP protocol for routing
voice call" and there are detailed configuration instructions.

Enzo