multiple DID ( virtual Numbers ) sipura SPA-3000

Hello ! I would like to know that can I configure multiple virtual
numbers ( DID numbers ) to single Sipura SPA-3000 and have them all
work actively at the same time .

--
SIP2PSTN
6 answers Last reply

    Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> writes:
    > With Asterisk running on a $60 wireless access point, this becomes quite
    > a viable solution. I like it much more than waiting for Sipura/Cisco/
    > Linksys to provide the functionality I want.
    >
    > (I've got a bunch of SPA-3000s and a bunch of WRT-54GS routers...I'm
    > looking forward to configuring them to work together.)

    I wonder, might the SPA series be running linux too? I guess I don't
    even know how folks first discovered that the WRT-54 was running
    linux.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
    > Kyler Laird <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> writes:
    > > With Asterisk running on a $60 wireless access point, this becomes quite
    > > a viable solution. I like it much more than waiting for Sipura/Cisco/
    > > Linksys to provide the functionality I want.
    > >
    > > (I've got a bunch of SPA-3000s and a bunch of WRT-54GS routers...I'm
    > > looking forward to configuring them to work together.)

    Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT
    at http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=1419 . Check it out. I run
    that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my
    initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts,
    but then I got hooked :-) ).

    > I wonder, might the SPA series be running linux too? I guess I don't
    > even know how folks first discovered that the WRT-54 was running
    > linux.

    See this post:

    http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/6/7/164

    Most of the following steps are chronicled by posts archived here:

    http://www.seattlewireless.net/pipermail/dev/2003-July/thread.html

    Enzo

    B.M. Wright wrote:
    > Enzo Michelangeli <nospam@em.no-ip.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT
    > > at http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=1419 . Check it out. I run
    > > that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my
    > > initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts,
    > > but then I got hooked :-) ).
    >
    > Just curious, this is pretty far off topic, but what the hell.
    > Have you used H.323 at all under OpenWRT?

    Never tried, and actually as far as I know the support for H.323 in
    Asterisk is only partial (see e.g.
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+H323+Channels ).

    > I have a WRT54GS but just
    > haven't bothered getting asterisk/sipath working (yes, I know sipath
    > will not do H.323). I also have a Cisco router with FXS ports that
    > doesn't speak SIP, only H.323. If H.323 works well under OpenWRT then
    > this could be good enough motivation to spend a bit of time getting it
    > going. :)

    What is the model of your Cisco router? Perhaps it can also speak MGCP
    or SCCP/Skinny, both of which have implementations ported to OpenWRT
    (although I personally never tested them).

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli <nospam@em.no-ip.com> wrote:

    > Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT
    > at http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=1419 . Check it out. I run
    > that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my
    > initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts,
    > but then I got hooked :-) ).

    Just curious, this is pretty far off topic, but what the hell.
    Have you used H.323 at all under OpenWRT? I have a WRT54GS but just
    haven't bothered getting asterisk/sipath working (yes, I know sipath
    will not do H.323). I also have a Cisco router with FXS ports that
    doesn't speak SIP, only H.323. If H.323 works well under OpenWRT then
    this could be good enough motivation to spend a bit of time getting it
    going. :)
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    B.M. Wright wrote:
    [...]
    > Hmm.. so chan_h323 is not capable of allowing an h.323 endpoint
    > to register with it? It looks like oh323 does, maybe not available for
    > OpenWRT though, or possibly to heavy weight to run on one.

    Possibly. But H.323 is dying, and I don't think much development will
    be spent on it.

    > > What is the model of your Cisco router? Perhaps it can also speak MGCP
    > > or SCCP/Skinny, both of which have implementations ported to OpenWRT
    > > (although I personally never tested them).
    >
    > Don't think so, but I know it does h.323. I'll have to go look
    > for the most recent IOS that I will run on this and check for MGCP/SCCP
    > support in that. It's an EOL UBR924 cable modem/router (which also has
    > two FXS ports). Being EOL for quite some time limits the IOS/featureset
    > that I can find for it.

    At
    http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-May/012072.html
    someone mentions that MGCP is supported on IOS 12.2, but with
    interoperability problems with Asterisk.

    You may also want to check out
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/cable/ps2221/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cd12.html
    where it's said that "12.1(3)T and higher software images that support
    voice, the Cisco uBR924 router can use the MGCP protocol for routing
    voice call" and there are detailed configuration instructions.

    Enzo
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Enzo Michelangeli <nospam@em.no-ip.com> wrote:
    > B.M. Wright wrote:
    > > Enzo Michelangeli <nospam@em.no-ip.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > Just curious, this is pretty far off topic, but what the hell.
    > > Have you used H.323 at all under OpenWRT?

    > Never tried, and actually as far as I know the support for H.323 in
    > Asterisk is only partial (see e.g.
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+H323+Channels ).

    Hmm.. so chan_h323 is not capable of allowing an h.323 endpoint
    to register with it? It looks like oh323 does, maybe not available for
    OpenWRT though, or possibly to heavy weight to run on one.

    > > I have a WRT54GS but just
    > > haven't bothered getting asterisk/sipath working (yes, I know sipath
    > > will not do H.323). I also have a Cisco router with FXS ports that
    > > doesn't speak SIP, only H.323. If H.323 works well under OpenWRT then
    > > this could be good enough motivation to spend a bit of time getting it
    > > going. :)

    > What is the model of your Cisco router? Perhaps it can also speak MGCP
    > or SCCP/Skinny, both of which have implementations ported to OpenWRT
    > (although I personally never tested them).

    Don't think so, but I know it does h.323. I'll have to go look
    for the most recent IOS that I will run on this and check for MGCP/SCCP
    support in that. It's an EOL UBR924 cable modem/router (which also has
    two FXS ports). Being EOL for quite some time limits the IOS/featureset
    that I can find for it.

vpn Sipura IP Configuration Networking