Win2000 server FQDN

I have a win2000 server AD that have FQDN, but clients can't seems to
ping it by the name sometimes, only by ip. Maybe after 15mins or more
than only can ping by name. Any ideas ? Thanks

Rgds
Daniel

Sounds like a DNS issue. Ensure that the clients all point to the internal
DNS server that is authorative for the AD namespace (usually a DC) and that
all servers are also pointing to this -including the DCs.

Check that the clients are configured with the correct Primary DNS Suffix
and that they are not using incorrect entries in the DNS suffix search list.

For good measure, run netdiag /test:dns on the DCs.

--
Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

Hi, the problem is related to my network card refer itself as dns
server, 127.0.0.1 . so i changed it to point to my dns server ip, and
it was solved. But i run netdiag, still got error like:

DNS test ...... failed
[fatal]: the dns registration of "host.domain.com" is incorrect on
all dns server.

What does this means ?Thanks

Regards
Daniel