Sign in with
Your question

OMG! Where's Woodcrest??!!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 13, 2006 5:13:16 AM

Here it is on Newegg!

Yay, that should put a lid on doubters; and that took, what, the expected 2 weeks to get from vendors to retail?

Edit: Oh, the retail 5130 is there, too.

More about : omg woodcrest

July 13, 2006 6:09:24 AM

AMD fanboys have been owned. Especially sharikou.
July 13, 2006 6:14:51 AM

Well he can't actually afford one so I don't think we'll see anything from him.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 13, 2006 6:19:46 AM

Yeah, looks like the horde was wrong about yields/ramp, but being wrong is their norm anyway...so no one should be surprised.
July 13, 2006 6:20:26 AM

Quote:
Here it is on Newegg!

Yay, that should put a lid on doubters; and that took, what, the expected 2 weeks to get from vendors to retail?

Ahh!! Limit of 4 per person. I guess availability isn't going to be a problem. :wink:
July 13, 2006 6:27:17 AM

Quote:
Here it is on Newegg!

The first one is OEM actually but still, burn baby burn.
July 13, 2006 6:58:02 AM

Oh yeah! Now I hope Conroe retails a lil faster with its launch. Being that I have seen on other Forums that people are ordering limited Conroe's and receiving them from some website (don't remember). It seems by launch Conroe will be more available.

Now to Action Man, if I say Woodcrest sucks, will you send me one? :p 
July 13, 2006 7:00:31 AM

Your link doesn't work but I'll take your word for it.
July 13, 2006 7:11:14 AM

No but I may send an envelope of suspicious white powder. :wink: :p 
July 13, 2006 7:11:16 AM

Quote:
Here it is on Newegg!

The first one is OEM actually but still, burn baby burn.

The 5130 versionis being sold as the retail version.
July 13, 2006 7:14:58 AM

Wow 82 in stock, talk about limited availability! :p  :roll:
July 13, 2006 7:20:09 AM

Quote:

Don't worry, the next argument is ' they are in stock because they aren't selling' :)  ... I guarantee it!!!

You're brilliant, Jack!
July 13, 2006 7:22:49 AM

Quote:

Don't worry, the next argument is ' they are in stock because they aren't selling' :)  ... I guarantee it!!!

:roll: Yeah, you just can't convince somebody if they're not willing to see truth.
July 13, 2006 7:37:30 AM

I am surprised the horde hasn't shown up in this thread yet.
July 13, 2006 7:58:14 AM

And look at that, its cheaper than the comperable Opteron as well...

Opteron 285

:twisted:
July 13, 2006 9:22:22 AM

Quote:

He is a she, and her name is Shakira. Shakira is 81+(Hy fangirl!
July 13, 2006 9:24:06 AM

Quote:
I am surprised the horde hasn't shown up in this thread yet.

They are looking after some BS. Once they find some, they will show up like symphonic orchestra spaming THG.
July 13, 2006 9:58:46 AM

Quote:
No but I may send an envelope of suspicious white powder. :wink: :p 
The Hordes remains, after they've all committed hari kari, and been cremated? :wink:
July 13, 2006 4:18:49 PM

Quote:

I wonder if he will buy a couple and run his own benchmark like he wants :)  the results would be a real hoot.

No, he's apparantly lost interest in doing the tests now that they're on sale:

Quote:
we still wait for the "fair" benchmark you have promissed.

After reading the stories that Woodcrest would crap out by itself, I lost interest doing the test. Why bother wasting my precious time testing the crap? USA government already rejected Woodcrest, need I say more?
July 13, 2006 4:50:30 PM

Quote:

I wonder if he will buy a couple and run his own benchmark like he wants :)  the results would be a real hoot.

No, he's apparantly lost interest in doing the tests now that they're on sale:

Quote:
we still wait for the "fair" benchmark you have promissed.

After reading the stories that Woodcrest would crap out by itself, I lost interest doing the test. Why bother wasting my precious time testing the crap? USA government already rejected Woodcrest, need I say more?
OOOOO...sharikou just got OWNED XD XD XD

now he's trying to step down the stage.[/b]
July 13, 2006 7:35:27 PM

haha, i'll take what I can get. 4242 Main St., Dino Island. Thanks!
July 13, 2006 8:13:15 PM

umm its not in stock on NCIX yet, says so right there...also on ComputersHQ says "check availablity" call a number..

The one on newegg is OEM so has no retail box, that tells me its not a current stepping so might be faulty.

I'm happy to see them arriving, but please post some better locations for purchase for those that DO want to buy these.
July 13, 2006 8:33:28 PM

thx :) 
July 13, 2006 9:11:09 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Man thats funny. He even said he can't afford one unless he does some lame advertising or something. :lol:  :lol: 
July 14, 2006 12:55:42 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah! Now I hope Conroe retails a lil faster with its launch. Being that I have seen on other Forums that people are ordering limited Conroe's and receiving them from some website (don't remember). It seems by launch Conroe will be more available.

Now to Action Man, if I say Woodcrest sucks, will you send me one? :p 

Somewhere, somehow a second pig has learned to fly (inside joke) :)  :p  :D 

Word.
July 14, 2006 1:54:26 AM

The 5160 (OEM) is on there now for $916.99
July 14, 2006 2:38:46 AM

Quote:
THEY'RE IN STOCK BECAUSE THEY AREN'T SELLING!!!11 BRAND LOYALTY RULEZ!!! :lol: 
July 14, 2006 3:04:54 AM

I talked to the guy at NCIX, he said they will not send them out until Intel "Officially" releases them. So even if they have them, they will not send them. Bummer.
July 15, 2006 3:50:19 PM

I smell Opteron price cut. Actually, only the Xeon 5160 interests me (and it's available!!!)

Sadly, my company won't buy the Woodcrest until HP packages them expensive ProLiant cases and charges an arm and leg for support. Which might be next month...

Death to the retarded Netburst.
July 15, 2006 4:20:36 PM

Yeah, that happens; newegg had the X6800 up but quickly removed it.
July 15, 2006 4:24:54 PM

Quote:
I smell Opteron price cut. Actually, only the Xeon 5160 interests me (and it's available!!!)

Sadly, my company won't buy the Woodcrest until HP packages them expensive ProLiant cases and charges an arm and leg for support. Which might be next month...

Death to the retarded Netburst.

Word.
!