Is there way to restrict to use " Add New Hardware" feature

Dear Sir,

Hi,

I have read your Article implementation of Policies on 9x. Now i have a
question , i want to disable or hide "Control Panel" So user should not
access control panel to Install or remove programms at all like network
neigbourhood.

Is there way to restrict to use " Add New Hardware" & " Add/Remove Programs.

Waiting for your positive reply
Thanks

"Tulip4Heaven" <Tulip4Heaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Sir,
>
> Hi,
>
> I have read your Article implementation of Policies on 9x. Now i have a
> question , i want to disable or hide "Control Panel" So user should not
> access control panel to Install or remove programms at all like network
> neigbourhood.
>
> Is there way to restrict to use " Add New Hardware" & " Add/Remove
Programs.

In Win98 (or NT) such is done by using a System
Policy or with Registry changes, but it has been
so long since I have done that, I do not remember
the specifics that match you plan.

Search Google for something like (untested):

[ "Control panel" ~restricting 98 | NT site:microsoft.com ]

[ "Control panel" ~restricting 98 | NT microsoft: ]

[ "Control panel" ~restricting 98 | NT registry site:microsoft.com ]

[ "Control panel" ~restricting 98 | NT "system policies"
site:microsoft.com ]

Key points:

| (bar) is the "OR" symbol

~ (tilde) is the "approximate" (synonym) match

"quotes" require phrases instead of single word matches

site: restricts the search to a particular domain
(general like "com" or even specific like www.bus.utexas.edu )

microsoft: uses the web-wide "Microsoft collection"
(it is a web wide alternative to searching strictly the MS site)