Netlog on share and log on scripts

Hi all

If i place a script in the netlog on share on one of my DC' s and then
configure the user account properties to see the script when the user logs on
the script work, hower if i palce the script in the default domain GPO by
editing the default domain GPO under the "user configuration" log on scripts,
i.e
\\domain.com\sysvol\nwpsc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logoff

If i put the script there then it does not fire. What am i missing with this?

Thanks

You have to assign the script with the Group Policy Editor.
Have a look at the KB below:
How to assign scripts in Windows 2000

Regards
Christoffer Andersson
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi all
>
> If i place a script in the netlog on share on one of my DC' s and then
> configure the user account properties to see the script when the user logs
> on
> the script work, hower if i palce the script in the default domain GPO by
> editing the default domain GPO under the "user configuration" log on
> scripts,
> i.e
> \\domain.com\sysvol\nwpsc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logoff
>
> If i put the script there then it does not fire. What am i missing with
> this?
>
> Thanks

Followed the KB but still cant getthe script to fire via GPO on he default
domain policy. If i place the script in the netlog on share and on the user
account properties then the script works, so there msut be an issue with the
GPO. Any advice on how to troubleshoot this ?

Thanks

"Chriss3 [MVP]" wrote:

> You have to assign the script with the Group Policy Editor.
> Have a look at the KB below:
> How to assign scripts in Windows 2000

> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Hi all
> >
> > If i place a script in the netlog on share on one of my DC' s and then
> > configure the user account properties to see the script when the user logs
> > on
> > the script work, hower if i palce the script in the default domain GPO by
> > editing the default domain GPO under the "user configuration" log on
> > scripts,
> > i.e
> > \\domain.com\sysvol\nwpsc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logoff
> >
> > If i put the script there then it does not fire. What am i missing with
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks

Ok cool, do the users need read and write NTFS permissions to the directory
in order for the script to work?

Many thanks

"Chriss3 [MVP]" wrote:

> You have to assign the script with the Group Policy Editor.
> Have a look at the KB below:
> How to assign scripts in Windows 2000

> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Hi all
> >
> > If i place a script in the netlog on share on one of my DC' s and then
> > configure the user account properties to see the script when the user logs
> > on
> > the script work, hower if i palce the script in the default domain GPO by
> > editing the default domain GPO under the "user configuration" log on
> > scripts,
> > i.e
> > \\domain.com\sysvol\nwpsc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logoff
> >
> > If i put the script there then it does not fire. What am i missing with
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks

Ok i figured out why the script was not working for me. Iam in he domain
admins group on the domain. In the security tab fore the default domain
policy the domain admins have a deny for apply group policy. Is this a
default setting? if not i am going to change it.

Thanks

"Chriss3 [MVP]" wrote:

> You have to assign the script with the Group Policy Editor.
> Have a look at the KB below:
> How to assign scripts in Windows 2000

> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Hi all
> >
> > If i place a script in the netlog on share on one of my DC' s and then
> > configure the user account properties to see the script when the user logs
> > on
> > the script work, hower if i palce the script in the default domain GPO by
> > editing the default domain GPO under the "user configuration" log on
> > scripts,
> > i.e
> > \\domain.com\sysvol\nwpsc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logoff
> >
> > If i put the script there then it does not fire. What am i missing with
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks

It's a default setting.

--

> Ok i figured out why the script was not working for me. Iam in he domain
> admins group on the domain. In the security tab fore the default domain
> policy the domain admins have a deny for apply group policy. Is this a
> default setting? if not i am going to change it.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Chriss3 [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You have to assign the script with the Group Policy Editor.
>> Have a look at the KB below:
>> How to assign scripts in Windows 2000
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322241/EN-US/
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Christoffer Andersson
>> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>>
>> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
>> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
>>
>> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> > Hi all
>> >
>> > If i place a script in the netlog on share on one of my DC' s and then
>> > configure the user account properties to see the script when the user
>> > logs
>> > on
>> > the script work, hower if i palce the script in the default domain GPO
>> > by
>> > editing the default domain GPO under the "user configuration" log on
>> > scripts,
>> > i.e
>> > \\domain.com\sysvol\nwpsc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logoff
>> >
>> > If i put the script there then it does not fire. What am i missing with
>> > this?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Why did Microsoft make this a default setting?

Thanks

"Chriss3 [MVP]" wrote:

> It's a default setting.
>
> --
> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
>
> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > Ok i figured out why the script was not working for me. Iam in he domain
> > admins group on the domain. In the security tab fore the default domain
> > policy the domain admins have a deny for apply group policy. Is this a
> > default setting? if not i am going to change it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Chriss3 [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You have to assign the script with the Group Policy Editor.
> >> Have a look at the KB below:
> >> How to assign scripts in Windows 2000
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322241/EN-US/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Christoffer Andersson
> >> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
> >>
> >> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> >> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> >>
> >> "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet

Probably to stop an administrator from locking his/ her self out with a
misconfigured GPO, etc.

--
Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/