Sign in with
Your question

Intel blasted by game guru....IGP hell.

Last response: in CPUs
July 13, 2006 12:04:53 PM

Intel is back in hot water as the VP of Epic Games (Unreal) blasts them for their crappy IGPs (hmmmm sounds familiar) but this time he points out gaming, though I haven't been happy with the 2D euther.

Excerpt:

Speaking yesterday, Rein proclaimed: "Intel is evil, we need to kick its ass."

"The difference in price in offering better graphics chips is negligible. You couldn't buy a meal for that price. We're talking five to eight bucks," he said. "Intel is killing PC gaming."

L'inq

Many people disagreed with him but it could be their inate fear of Intel.
July 13, 2006 12:08:40 PM

Hes just mad because his games eat up too much hardware and people wont buy his games because they only can afford an IGP which isnt enough for his companys games.

BTW, youre mad as well.
July 13, 2006 12:11:11 PM

Quote:
BTW, youre mad as well.
Mad, as in crazy. :wink:
Related resources
July 13, 2006 12:17:41 PM

Not this sh1t again.......
July 13, 2006 12:22:58 PM

Quote:
Intel is back in hot water as the VP of Epic Games (Unreal) blasts them for their crappy IGPs (hmmmm sounds familiar) but this time he points out gaming, though I haven't been happy with the 2D euther.

Excerpt:

"The difference in price in offering better graphics chips is negligible. You couldn't buy a meal for that price. We're talking five to eight bucks," he said. "Intel is killing PC gaming."

L'inq

Although most of what the Inq publishes is BS, they had this to say in response to this sucks rant.

"Although we agree with Rein's sentiments that Intel's integrated graphics aren't up to the standards necessary for modern games, surely any self-respecting gamer will stay well-clear of any on-board graphics if they're serious about gaming. Cheap integrated graphics have their role; business PCs and SoHo computers do not need 32 pixel rendering pipelines and 512mb of the latest GDDR4 graphics memory".

Case closed. :roll:
July 13, 2006 12:23:10 PM

Another BS form BaronBS.
July 13, 2006 12:29:38 PM

So it's not just that AMD is better than Intel, Intel are now bad at stuff that AMD don't do as well?

BM, can you give us the real reason you hate Intel so much, rather than a whole bunch of stories from the Inq?
July 13, 2006 12:40:13 PM

Quote:
BM, can you give us the real reason you hate Intel so much, rather than a whole bunch of stories from the Inq?

The reason is simple:
BM is AMD fanboy and Intel beats AMD.
July 13, 2006 12:49:45 PM

Quote:

The reason is simple:
BM is AMD fanboy and Intel beats AMD.I think the reason is far more complex than that. Maybe he dated a girl(or guy) who was a big-wig at Intel, and they broke up... and his ex has been telling everyone how small a winkie he has. 8O Now he hates anything/everything that reminds him of said ex. If his ex drive a bimmer, he probably goes on BMW forums, and stirs up sh*t as well. Poor boy. :cry: 
July 13, 2006 1:27:41 PM

Quote:
So it's not just that AMD is better than Intel, Intel are now bad at stuff that AMD don't do as well?

You CAN'T hate a company, only their tactics.

Thay always had excessively high prices. They pissed off every OEM in the world by making sure they had low margins while Intel's was high enough to force them to accept what they got. They used predatory pricing - illegal if you are a monopoly - to destroy every other processor company EXCEPT AMD.

They consistently put out large quantities of crap through Dell who has ot make their money somewhere.

AMD is now taking share and they still can't embrace the OEMs. Well at least they stopped their special pricing. Now Dell is in bed with AMD.

So there's no hate. Except from you. I'm gald to see two companies sluggin it out, just like nVidia/ATi.

They don't go for cheap pricing maneuvers they improve quality and speed. Intel has finally done somethign with Core 2 and it's about time.
July 13, 2006 2:15:15 PM

Quote:
Now Dell is in bed with AMD.

I hope there is room left for you, triple action sounds like a lot of fun. I am sure you can't wait to get IN BED with AMD.

If Intel can produce CPU with low cost, then there is nothing wrong with passing that saving on to consumers. I am sure that AMD can't keep their costs down any where close to Intel, that's why they can't compete with Intel on CPU pricing. It sounds more like AMD's own fault than Intel's.

Why don't you just hush up and go to bed, your AMD is waiting.
July 13, 2006 2:17:27 PM

Quote:

You CAN'T hate a company1, only their tactics.

Thay always had excessively high prices2. They pissed off every OEM in the world by making sure they had low margins while Intel's was high enough to force them to accept what they got3. They used predatory pricing - illegal if you are a monopoly - to destroy every other processor company EXCEPT AMD4.

They consistently put out large quantities of crap through Dell who has ot make their money somewhere.5

AMD is now taking share and they still can't embrace the OEMs. Well at least they stopped their special pricing. Now Dell is in bed with AMD.

So there's no hate.6 Except from you. I'm gald to see two companies sluggin it out7, just like nVidia/ATi.

They don't go for cheap pricing maneuvers they improve quality and speed.8 Intel has finally done somethign with Core 2 and it's about time.

1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS
5. BS
6. BS
7. BS
8. BS

Conclusion: YOU = BS
July 13, 2006 2:32:33 PM

I am noticing a trend here... Baron, you are rapidly becoming Toms #1 one star poster! :lol:  :p  Good Work Baron. **something you won't hear much around these parts...**
a c 478 à CPUs
a c 117 å Intel
July 13, 2006 2:47:06 PM

Intel isn't in the business of create great graphic chip solutions. Their main concern is to sell CPUs. They do this by developing a chipsets offers lots of features, but also are inexpensive for the system builders. System builders like Dell, and HP have large corporate accounts. These business care about the bottom when they buy office PCs. They are not looking for a GPU solution so that officeworkers can play games at work. All they need are IGPs that can display charts and graphs on a monitor with the occassional video.

While Intel's IGPs are "capable" of playing some games to a certain extent most people know that if they want to play a game then they need to buy a discreet GPU. Even ATI's and nVidia's current IGP aren't that great compared to discreet GPUs either. Both are better than Intel's IGP, but you know what? Graphics are their primary line of business. Chipsets are an extension of ATI's and nVidia's business because once mobo manufactures accepted thier chipsets, both of them soon followed thru with their IGP solutions.

Intel's business tactics is to sell CPUs as I mentioned before. Chipsets are second. If more system builders like Dell and HP opt to use ATI and nVidia mobo with their IGPs, then perhaps Intel will change thier strategy. But I really doubt they will do because of game developers who are crying like big babies.
July 13, 2006 3:03:34 PM

Baron, Intel's company behavior haas been exactly what any company in their position would do because simply, that's how market economics work.

Intel has pushed the business further and sold products that accomplish the goals people need. So the guy from Unreal says that a processor that was never intended to run complex video games can't run complex video games? Of course it can't! That's not the point.

If someone wants to be a gamer, they should do their research accordingly. Computers are computers and have express purposes. Believe it or not, many people still do not use high-end applications that require outstanding processors (or video cards) ... especially for most office functions.

I do lament the widdling down of the processor production industry. Unfortunately, much of the tech industry has been consolidated (that will hopefully change in the next decade as India and China move to high-tech production).
July 13, 2006 3:12:53 PM

Quote:

You CAN'T hate a company, only their tactics.

Thay always had excessively high prices. They pissed off every OEM in the world by making sure they had low margins while Intel's was high enough to force them to accept what they got. They used predatory pricing - illegal if you are a monopoly - to destroy every other processor company EXCEPT AMD.

They consistently put out large quantities of crap through Dell who has ot make their money somewhere.

So there's no hate. Except from you. I'm gald to see two companies sluggin it out, just like nVidia/ATi.

They don't go for cheap pricing maneuvers they improve quality and speed. Intel has finally done somethign with Core 2 and it's about time.
So you can't hate a company but you can piss off an OEM? Special pricing was embracing for Dell? I know the world in unfair in the eye of a teenager like you, but trust me, we are living in capitalism and there is no way out.
July 13, 2006 3:17:28 PM

You wouldn't buy a Ford Focus for drift racing would you? The same reason you wouldn't buy an IGP for gaming.
July 13, 2006 3:39:18 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't buy a Ford Focus for drift racing would you? The same reason you wouldn't buy an IGP for gaming.

AMEN, my brother, you have spoken my thoughts...
July 13, 2006 3:52:33 PM

IGPs are useful only for really really cheap PCs.

I had one PCChips mobo with SiS 730 IGP (I was 15 and didn't know nothing about hardware... :oops:  ), and, since those days, I made myself a promise: NOT EVER AGAIN.
Even with the smallest 3D or even 2D application it sucked, and hard, it sucked really really really hard.

Of course, Intel's GMA series is much better than SiS's IGPs. But, how much power it has? GeForce2-like? That doesn't seem enough today...

ATI's IGPs are good. Of course, talking about low-end, basic gaming. Those can hold up pretty good. A friend of mine has a Xpress200-based mobo and, I must say, the integrated X300 suprised me.
July 13, 2006 7:02:30 PM

Quote:

Excerpt:

L'inq

The witch hunt is over, Baron you are formerly MMM. Everything you are typing down is MMM types of comments. It gets worse each time you post or reply.
July 13, 2006 7:03:29 PM

Quote:

You have a feeling this baron is actually MMM?
July 13, 2006 7:21:59 PM

no no I think there's good point here, hell why aren't we yelling at ATI or Nvidia for not making any real headway on the ICPU front DAMNIT they are KILLING the PC use all around with their crappy CPUs...
July 13, 2006 7:29:27 PM

No one is forcing them to buy those "crappy" CPU's... Infact, I suspect many consumers of them consider them very good for thier needs...
July 13, 2006 7:58:15 PM

IGP is not meant for high quality / resolution games...

IGP is merely for business pc that does'nt need 7950 graphics card

you were owned fanboy...
July 13, 2006 8:24:52 PM

Quote:

you were owned fanboy...

So you wouldn't mind being botlenecked in Windows by a crappy IGP? I mind. because of fanboys like you Intel has no incentive to get off their asses and do it right. Why does nVidia and ATi have IGPs that plow through Windows and LOW RES games. Intel's IGPs won't even play at 800x600 and a lot of their Dell boxes won't even do 1024x768 IN WINDOWS.

I used them I know, so crawl back under the rock.
July 13, 2006 8:25:47 PM

Quote:

Honestly - I wouldn't be surprised if a 7950 is a minimum requirement for 'Office Vista' or whatever it ends up being called.
July 13, 2006 8:48:21 PM

Quote:
Honestly - I wouldn't be surprised if a 7950 is a minimum requirement for 'Office Vista' or whatever it ends up being called.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
July 13, 2006 8:49:46 PM

Interesting how Windows Vista plays into this. It raises the minimum bar for office and home pcs, to a level where they they should be able to at least run modern games.

I think of those "I'm a mac" commericals where they talk about how macs are entertainment or fun computers but they never once mention games. But they do have a point in that a much higher percentage of Macs have hardware that can run games.
July 13, 2006 8:57:33 PM

Really interesting... 8O 8O
Windows Vista would force people to buy machines that otherwise they would have never bought in the first place, allowing them to play some nice looking (read "graphically intense" :wink: ) games... Nice move...

On the other hand, I hate those "I'm a Mac" ads. Serious discrimination. Almost insulting. Full of prejudices. :evil: 
July 13, 2006 9:00:20 PM

I agree that PCs with integrated graphics aren't usually advertised properly, but that doesn't mean the IGP doesn't have a place in the world. You won't believe how many times I've seen people go to Dell or Best buy and get a $1000 PC for gaming just to find it can't run anything. The IGP is not meant for gaming at all, the problem is most non computer savvy people don't know this and end up wasting money on something that doesn't fill their needs.
July 13, 2006 9:02:21 PM

I thought this would be a normal discussion about intel's graphics chip and thoughts on the gaming company's remarks, but some how this turned into a Intel fanboy slaughter of anyone who speaks bad about intel.

Come on guys.... No one is speaking bad about intels CPU's anymore. What can anyone say about them, they are the best.

Now when someone brings up the topic of a news report with a comment from a gaming company (and not the writer of the forum) about intels integrated graphics chips all the intel fanboys jump on it.

Is it true that Intels integrated graphics sucks: YES

Is it true that they should stop making them: NO

I think that they will however need a boost when windows vista comes out. Seeing on the effects they put on the desktop.

Can you guys discussion your opinions and stop yelling at the poster for posting it.
July 13, 2006 9:10:26 PM

Quote:

you were owned fanboy...

So you wouldn't mind being botlenecked in Windows by a crappy IGP? I mind. because of fanboys like you Intel has no incentive to get off their asses and do it right. Why does nVidia and ATi have IGPs that plow through Windows and LOW RES games. Intel's IGPs won't even play at 800x600 and a lot of their Dell boxes won't even do 1024x768 IN WINDOWS.

really? i also used DELL Optilex machine.. a 3.0Ghz with intel 910chipset with 82915G/GV IGP.. 1280x1024- 85hz refresh rate / 32bit color.

can play a dvd-movie / can play music with virtualization /can play low reso games. and can put high reso wallpapers..

a fanboy was owned again... o_0

July 13, 2006 9:16:03 PM

Dude, you're using IE :oops: 
July 13, 2006 9:16:18 PM

Quote:
Intel's IGPs won't even play at 800x600 and a lot of their Dell boxes won't even do 1024x768 IN WINDOWS.

BM you're full of sh!t and you're trolling so STFU you worthless AMD fanboy!
July 13, 2006 9:17:04 PM

I would like to see which games do you play, the settings you use, how smooth does your PC perform in Windows.

PS: That's my kind of music! Yeah! :wink:
July 13, 2006 9:19:41 PM

Quote:

you were owned fanboy...

really? i also used DELL Optilex machine.. a 3.0Ghz with intel 910chipset with 82915G/GV IGP.. 1280x1024- 85hz refresh rate / 32bit color.

can play a dvd-movie / can play music with virtualization /can play low reso games. and can put high reso wallpapers..

a fanboy was owned again... o_0

You wish. I said ALOT OF THEIR Dell boxes.... read before commenting and that stupid screenshot doesn't prove anything about switching between lots of Windows below the MAX physical RAM.

Face it you got ripped of.
July 13, 2006 9:23:37 PM

Face it you're wrong, an AMD fanboy, a troll and an idiot. STFU!
July 13, 2006 9:32:40 PM

Face it, not everyone needs the fastest GPU in the world.
July 13, 2006 9:45:01 PM

Quote:
You wish. I said ALOT OF THEIR Dell boxes.... read before commenting and that stupid screenshot doesn't prove anything about switching between lots of Windows below the MAX physical RAM.

are you using an old DELL boxes?

if yes.... upgrade into a new one.... o_0

and ohh, btw.. this link has a lot of info. about intel's upcoming GMA X3000 IGP..

GMA X3000
July 13, 2006 9:49:05 PM

Quote:
Face it, not everyone needs the fastest GPU in the world.

Like the interviewee said it would only cost 5 more dollars. Intel is ripping people off. I used to get by fine with a FX5200. At the same time my Windows were a lot less snappy with Intel vid.

YMMV. I am a psychotic power user and AMD allow smet ot use my machine as psychotically as I want. There are times when I use nearly all of my 4GB RAM with windows in btoh monitors and it's rare that the UI will not be as responsive as if I was using one window. That is vid, not RAM.
July 13, 2006 9:53:51 PM

Quote:
There are times when I use nearly all of my 4GB RAM with windows in btoh monitors and it's rare that the UI will not be as responsive as if I was using one window. That is vid, not RAM.

Do you think you could harness some of that RAM to help you figure out which is a good story to post and which is worthless bull?
July 13, 2006 11:10:32 PM

Quote:
I am a psychotic power user and AMD allow smet ot use my machine as psychotically as I want.
You finally see yourself as we do....a psychotic post junkie. :) 
July 13, 2006 11:31:07 PM

Quote:

are you using an old DELL boxes?

if yes.... upgrade into a new one.... o_0

and ohh, btw.. this link has a lot of info. about intel's upcoming GMA X3000 IGP..

GMA X3000

I use OptiCrap all the time at companies that will just buy the cheapest PC no matter what the workload is. Intel IGP is why I would never buy a Dell.

As far as your link, let's hope because Aero IS 3D DX10. DX10 TEXT??????!!!!!!!!!!! It takes a lot more horsepower to rotate text than a UI border.

Maybe that's why MS isn't sure if Vista will come out in Jan or why Dell is getting AMD to get 100% EXCELLENT IGPs. IF Intel can't get out something worthwhile by then millions more of these OptiCraps will make it into businesses who will barely get along with Aero Classic productively.
July 13, 2006 11:33:53 PM

Stop with the BS!
If AMD were not ripping people, than how do you explain the 50% price cuts?
July 13, 2006 11:50:30 PM

What's your deal? Intel IGPs are meant to be "adequate" not "superb" and are supposed to perform at minimal cost - which they do.

You are the only person I have ever heard badmouth Intel IGPs. If you want to convince anyone of your opinion, you need to show us something that backs up your statement (Don't give us horror stories of your computer, show us third party conclusions), and you need to find and show us other people who have the same opinion.
July 13, 2006 11:50:36 PM

Quote:
Stop with the BS!

Heh Heh! Yep, AMD should be investigated for price gouging.
July 13, 2006 11:56:39 PM

Quote:
Stop with the BS!

Heh Heh! Yep, AMD should be investigated for price gouging.
Becouse AMD are so kind, maybe one day thy will just start giving us chips for free.
July 14, 2006 12:17:42 AM

They're such a nice company. :wink:
July 14, 2006 12:17:45 AM

Quote:
I am a psychotic power user and AMD allow smet ot use my machine as psychotically as I want.
You finally see yourself as we do....a psychotic post junkie. :) 

Well, I've got 16 more posts than you and have been here more than twice as long...........
!