8x DVD-R specifications?

Cheese

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I have a 4X LG DVD-RAM drive. I recently bought 8X DVD-Rs with the "warning your drive must have 8x dvd-r specs" or else

What is this?

Your DVD writer must support DVD-R disks. Most of the writers will say on the box or manual if you still have them. What your looking for is something that says DVD-RAM / DVD-/+R capibility. (focusing on DVD-R advertisements). If your writer is too old, you either need to uprade to a DVD writer that supports DVD+/-RW or buy DVD ram disks.

Cheese

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
No shit.

If my DVD-RAM did not support DVD-R then I would not have bought DVD-R discs.

The topic is, what is "8X" DVD-R specs. Is it a new burning standard or way of burning that older drives, like my 4X DVD-RAM, do not support? When I put in these 8X discs it wants to burn them at 2X, not 4x, which is odd too.

Thats because your not using 8x dvd disks, which are only availible in dvdrw format and only the driver are made for Mac. So if you want to be using your 8x drive to burn 8x dvdrw disks, then get a mac, if not, use 4x/2x ram disks that have no compatibility with any computer except the one your on.

so ya... no **** you need to get a mac.

mpjesse

Splendid
No ****.

If my DVD-RAM did not support DVD-R then I would not have bought DVD-R discs.

The topic is, what is "8X" DVD-R specs. Is it a new burning standard or way of burning that older drives, like my 4X DVD-RAM, do not support? When I put in these 8X discs it wants to burn them at 2X, not 4x, which is odd too.

jerkoff,

he was only trying to help, so maybe be a little nicer next time. and your original post was very ambigious and vague to begin with.

"the specs" the spindle refers to is DVD-R. There are two formats, DVD-R and DVD+R.

all DVD-R and DVD+R media is backwards compatible with slower drives. of course 8X media will work with a 2x or 4x drive! But you didn't specify that you had a DVD-R drive in ur original post, did ya? you said u had a DVD-RAM drive. big f'ing difference. DVD-RAM drives are very, very old.

next time try googling ur stupid question. or wikipedia.

TRENDING THREADS