Script to attribuate security on folders

Hi,

I am looking for a script to attribuate security group on folders. it works
like "folder path - security grou - RW.... " I've heard about "calc" or"xcal"
or something like that.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 02:51:04 -0700, Mortimere <Mortimere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking for a script to attribuate security group on folders. it works
>like "folder path - security grou - RW.... " I've heard about "calc" or"xcal"
>or something like that.
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks for your help
See tips 596, 5648, and 7655 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

"Mortimere" <Mortimere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a script to attribuate security group on folders. it
works
> like "folder path - security grou - RW.... " I've heard about "calc"
or"xcal"
> or something like that.

Cacls.exe has been built-into NT-class machines from
the beginning (Cacls /help)

XCalcs used to be on the ResKit but in Win2000+ is in
the Support Tools (server CDROM).

SetAcl.exe is a FREE add-on from SourceForge.net but
be warned: it is difficult to use at first.