Demote old NT4 BDC's

I have a w2k domain in mixed mode. I need to demote old BDC's but they have
to continue working as stand alone. Whow can I do it?

Thank You

You cannot demote a BDC natively. You would simply turn off the BDC and
delete it's computer object.

However, there is a third party product that many in these groups have used,
and provided positive feedback about. It is called upromote. This will do
exactly what you want.

--
Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002

Maria Teixeira wrote:

> I have a w2k domain in mixed mode. I need to demote
> old BDC's but they have to continue working as stand
> alone. Whow can I do it?

I've used UPromote and it works fine. You will also need to
sort out permissions afterwards though.

Cheers,

Cliff