Lad

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2004

when I log on th my Windows XP home edition, I recieve an
error message that looks like this
'C:\WINDOWS\System32\LostRun.exe.' and also BWPRNMON
ERROR(5) creating named pipe. What can I do to fix this. Thanks

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 07:56:38 -0700, Lad wrote:

> when I log on th my Windows XP home edition, I recieve an
> error message that looks like this
> 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\LostRun.exe.' and also BWPRNMON
> ERROR(5) creating named pipe. What can I do to fix this. Thanks

A search on google shows "bwprnmon" as Bitware Print Monitor. If you have
this installed, you need to pursue this with their tech support or look up
the error on their website.

LostRun.exe is a mystery. Lost of questions about it. Some mentions of it
being installed with motherboard software and some printer software (found
a few references relating it to software for Canon Multipass units) but no
concrete explanations. It may be a module used in some software packages
which would explain why there are so little hits and information on the
file itself - or - it may be something less friendly - trojan or other
malware that doesn't have a high rate of occurrence.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

choose start then run

MSCONFIG
under startup find the item running lostrun.exe

remove it from the startup

It's a file from Epson Satus Monitor 3 apparently, either re-install or
uninstall it and you should be ok.

you should then be ok