Export and Import to a Different Domain

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Hi,
I have a live Windows 2003 AD Domain with Approx 15000 User Accounts. Now
my requirement is

1). Export all the objects in a particular OU:
"OU=Test,dc=corp,dc=MyCompany,dc=com".

2). I want to have the same objects (Those were exported) in another Test
Domain

3). This has to happen Automatically on daily basis.

Pls help me.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:48:35 -0700, raj <raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
> I have a live Windows 2003 AD Domain with Approx 15000 User Accounts. Now
>my requirement is
>
>1). Export all the objects in a particular OU:
>"OU=Test,dc=corp,dc=MyCompany,dc=com".
>
>2). I want to have the same objects (Those were exported) in another Test
>Domain
>
>3). This has to happen Automatically on daily basis.
>
>Pls help me.

Use LDIFDE.

See tip 2984 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

"raj" <raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a live Windows 2003 AD Domain with Approx 15000 User Accounts. Now
> my requirement is
>
> 1). Export all the objects in a particular OU:
> "OU=Test,dc=corp,dc=MyCompany,dc=com".
>
> 2). I want to have the same objects (Those were exported) in another Test
> Domain

Note: Such methods will NOT produce the "same objects"
but rather similar objects with the "same name" and other
properties.

> 3). This has to happen Automatically on daily basis.

Sounds fishy....?

LDIFDE is likely your best choice and can be scripted
and therefore scheduled.

What kind of objects are we talking, and for what purpose?

You could easily pull and push using CSVDE and/ or LDIFDE and a scheduled
task, but you will loose some attributes this way.

If we're taking NT5.x domains, I'd say the IIFP is the way to go.
--
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9143610-c04d-41c4-b7ea-6f56819769d5&DisplayLang=en

--
Paul Williams
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services